OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 03:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPOILERS New Season BSG  (Read 1529 times) Average Rating: 0
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« on: April 05, 2008, 12:31:47 AM »

Well, what did everyone think?  Are the 4 new Cylons ticking time bombs?  Is Baltar a prophet of the one true God?  Did Kara really find Earth?  Will Apollo get a better hairstyle for the last season, or introduce a whole new era of 80's hair when they arrive on Earth?

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:30:56 AM »

I thought it was the best battle sequence in BSG so far, except for when they liberated the humans on New Caprica.  I was just shocked and amazed that they put that whole imagined assassination in the first few minutes.  I don't know if they are walking time bombs, but the four models seem to think that they are.  I see nothing wrong with Apollo's hairstyle.  Of course, you are assuming that they will arrive on Earth in 1980 like the original series.  I think it would be way better if they were to arrive at a different time.  My preference--Battlestar Galactica: Ancient Rome!  Grin  Yeah, not going to happen.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
TinaG
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »

Why do you think Starbuck's Viper was brand new?  It has something to do with the time difference.  What if, she went forward in time, to a point when the Colonial fleet had already made it to earth and become established, they replace her Viper and she comes back through whatever window she took to get there.

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
TinaG
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 11:31:50 PM »

Season Finale.  Absolutely fantastic!  I just want it to go on and on.   And it looks like the Sci Fi Channel will give us more Battlestar Galactica this fall.  Anyone have any opinion about the Finale?

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:08:32 AM »

This program is soooo boring .Plus its not easy to follow ..if it wasn't for the sci fi channel's explanation in brief on what is going on i would be lost .......Ilove sci fi but not this one.....

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:19:43 PM »

I've tried watching a few episodes and I just couldn't get into BSG... weird for someone who has watched every second of Lost and every incarnation of StargateTongue

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Michał
['mi:hɑʊ]
High Elder

Faith: Catholic (again!)
Jurisdiction: the Latin Church

"Mother of God, Virgin, by God glorified Mary..."

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 08:02:22 AM »

BSG... Does this TV series have something to do with Mormonism?
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »

BSG... Does this TV series have something to do with Mormonism?

Unbeknownst to most viewers, "Battlestar Galactica" has been steeped in religion since its very inception. First pitched by uber-producer Glen A. Larson as a series of Bible stories set in space called "Adam's Ark," the reworked "Battlestar Galactica" was also influenced by another religious book: the Book of Mormon. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Larson borrowed plot points from his faith's sacred texts.

However, the new series was not produced by Larson; and even though it keeps Larson's basic ideas, it also goes beyond Larson, introducing new concepts:
The refugee humans, the Colonials, are polytheists in the mold of the Romans and Greeks, while their creations, the mechanical Cylons, have a strict belief in a singular God and in the soul, and are on a mission to eradicate the non-believing humans.

Still, Battlestar Galactica is a great series! Grin

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:48:32 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: