OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 08:35:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fifi and I  (Read 2387 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: March 16, 2009, 12:32:05 AM »

Fifi and I ended our relationship today. It was a wonderful month we had together; we shared some rather intense and beautiful  experiences. It was her decision to end it. As usual when it comes to matters of the heart, I am devastated. At the same time I worry for her, because I feel as if I was the only solid and trustworthy support she could rely on at this stage in her life.

Please pray that God's will be done and that His Grace guide the both of us to acquiesce to that Will in peace and understanding. Pray that God guide me to deal with this break-up a whole lot better than I have previous break-ups. Heart-break has always been my weakest point. Pray that the Lord protect Fifi always and that He give her the strength and wisdom to emerge from this rough page in her life safely, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:32:37 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:26 AM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:37:13 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 01:04:10 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 01:05:22 AM »

Lord, have mercy! 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 01:54:38 AM »

Lord have mercy!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 02:05:56 AM »

Lord have Mercy.  May the Lord strengthen and comfort both parties throughout this process.

Amen!
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 03:22:32 AM »

Lord have mercy on thy servant and thy handmaiden.

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 06:05:57 AM »

Panginoon maawa ka!

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »

Lord have mercy; heal, comfort, and guide Your servants.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:28:29 PM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »

Lord, have mercy on this couple and give them your wisdom so that they can work out the best solution.

Holy Spirit, comfort these people and do not let despair visit them.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy! Dear Jesus, please help these people and comfort them. Holy Theotokos, please help.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 11:19:07 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 11:23:55 PM »

Thank you for your prayers. Fee and I have resolved the issue at the root of our break-up and are back together again. I would much appreciate your continued prayers that God's will remain operative within this relationship despite our respective shortcomings, and that it always be apprehended and properly responded to by the both of us.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 12:56:28 AM »

Thank you for your prayers. Fee and I have resolved the issue at the root of our break-up and are back together again. I would much appreciate your continued prayers that God's will remain operative within this relationship despite our respective shortcomings, and that it always be apprehended and properly responded to by the both of us.

Glory to God! May our Saviour bless you both! Lord, have mercy.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 01:03:27 AM »

Your will be done in this situation Lord Jesus Christ!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 02:22:11 AM »

May the blessings of the Holy Lent strengthen your bond further.

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 08:44:02 AM »

Lord Have Mercy

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 03:43:17 AM »

Wow, I don't know what to say. Just when I thought we had recovered, she seems prepared to end it again in less than 2 weeks. This is really confusing and hurting, especially since the situation seems to make very little sense to me. It is not that she is too emotionally immature to make up her mind about she feels about this and/or me; she has gone through alot and I understand the various pressures that are draining her from all angles, but I can't for the life of me understand why it would affect us given that i've gone out of my way to support and encourage her and have done my best to give her something to be happy about it. Why is this happening to me AGAIN?! Your continued prayers please...

Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »

My most sincere sympathies, brother.

Lord, have mercy! Jarhad Barham! Dear Jesus, please resolve this situation.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »

Wow, I don't know what to say. Just when I thought we had recovered, she seems prepared to end it again in less than 2 weeks. This is really confusing and hurting, especially since the situation seems to make very little sense to me. It is not that she is too emotionally immature to make up her mind about she feels about this and/or me; she has gone through alot and I understand the various pressures that are draining her from all angles, but I can't for the life of me understand why it would affect us given that i've gone out of my way to support and encourage her and have done my best to give her something to be happy about it. Why is this happening to me AGAIN?! Your continued prayers please...

Lord, have mercy on Your faithful servant.

Love never fails.
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this, EkhristosAnesti. I can completely understand how discouraging this must be for you. May God have mercy on His faithful servant and help him as he searches for a faithful companion.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:50:45 PM by Rosehip » Logged

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: