Author Topic: Patriarch Kirill to visit all Local Orthodox Churches  (Read 749 times)

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
Patriarch Kirill to visit all Local Orthodox Churches
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:30:36 AM »
http://www.interfax-religion.com/print.php?act=news&id=5788

Patriarch Kirill to visit local Orthodox Churches in accordance with the Diptychs of the Primates

Moscow, March 11, Interfax - Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill plans to pay a fraternal call on Local Orthodox Churches in his capacity as a newly elected Head of the Church in accordance with an age-long tradition.

He expressed his wish Tuesday night at the annual reception held by the Greek Embassy on the occasion of Orthodoxy Sunday. The Patriarch mentioned that the order of his visits would be identified in accordance with the diptychs, the list containing the names of the primates of Orthodox Churches.

Addressing the hosts and guests of the Greek Embassy, the Patriarch said that he was going to visit Greece as well.

"I hope to meet with His Beatitude Archbishop Hieronymus and the people of Hellas to foster the best relations between us", Patriarch Kirill said.

The Diptychs of the Local Orthodox Churches mentioned by the Patriarch includes today the following 15 jurisdictions: Constantinople, Alexandrian, Antiochian, Jerusalem, Russian, Georgian, Serbian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Cyprus, Helladic, Albanian and Polish Orthodox Churches, the Orthodox Church in the Czech Lands and Slovakia, and the Orthodox Church in America.

Patriarch Kirill, however, is reported to make his first visit abroad to Ukraine which is known to be included in the canonical territory of the Moscow Patriarchate.

Offline Innocent

• No longer posting on this site
  • Elder
  • St. Innocent of Alaska
Re: Patriarch Kirill to visit all Local Orthodox Churches
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »
I pray I get a chance to attend a service he is at while in America.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Patriarch Kirill to visit all Local Orthodox Churches
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:56:45 AM »
I'm glad he's making the tour.  I hope it is a productive one.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.