OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 12:33:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriarch Kirill to visit all Local Orthodox Churches  (Read 662 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« on: March 12, 2009, 08:30:36 AM »

http://www.interfax-religion.com/print.php?act=news&id=5788

Patriarch Kirill to visit local Orthodox Churches in accordance with the Diptychs of the Primates

Moscow, March 11, Interfax - Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill plans to pay a fraternal call on Local Orthodox Churches in his capacity as a newly elected Head of the Church in accordance with an age-long tradition.

He expressed his wish Tuesday night at the annual reception held by the Greek Embassy on the occasion of Orthodoxy Sunday. The Patriarch mentioned that the order of his visits would be identified in accordance with the diptychs, the list containing the names of the primates of Orthodox Churches.

Addressing the hosts and guests of the Greek Embassy, the Patriarch said that he was going to visit Greece as well.

"I hope to meet with His Beatitude Archbishop Hieronymus and the people of Hellas to foster the best relations between us", Patriarch Kirill said.

The Diptychs of the Local Orthodox Churches mentioned by the Patriarch includes today the following 15 jurisdictions: Constantinople, Alexandrian, Antiochian, Jerusalem, Russian, Georgian, Serbian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Cyprus, Helladic, Albanian and Polish Orthodox Churches, the Orthodox Church in the Czech Lands and Slovakia, and the Orthodox Church in America.

Patriarch Kirill, however, is reported to make his first visit abroad to Ukraine which is known to be included in the canonical territory of the Moscow Patriarchate.

Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »

I pray I get a chance to attend a service he is at while in America.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:56:45 AM »

I'm glad he's making the tour.  I hope it is a productive one.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags: Patriarch Kirill 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: