OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 08:57:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conspiracy theory  (Read 1371 times) Average Rating: 0
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« on: October 15, 2003, 09:22:26 AM »

Not wanting to resurrect the old thread, but I thought this a bit of a coincidence.

This morning I found that my account at TBBTSNBN had been disabled. No warning, none of my recent posts have been deleted or plastered with "TOS violation".

I figure they just don't like me, but then I discover that Conciliar Press, the publisher of Orthodox books, is no longer hosted at http://christianity.com/conciliarpress where it was up until at least two weeks ago.

I'd love to find out if they were "asked" to find a new home, since the forums at TBBTSNBN had placed a moratorium on any discussion of Orthodoxy a while ago. Perhaps the powers that be did not appreciate being reminded of the hypocracy of the situation.

They are still hosting Catholic Way, so I guess they still have to tolerate the few remaining Catholics on their forum. Roll Eyes

Oh well.

John.
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 10:01:27 AM »

it looks like they moved to bizhosting.com which is a large reputable small businnes web storefront.  Conciliar Press has been going through a great deal of change ove the last 2-3 years. In Miami at the Antiochian Archdioces convention they reported a profit which is the first time they have ever achieved since being aquired by the archdioces in 1987. They have moved their editorial offices and production offices to become more cost effcient and I wondering if the website move is just part of that. Besides their web site is published as being www.conciliarpress.com, changeing host is a very common thing in the business world.

Joseph
javamama

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »

Wow, if you've been "disabled" I reckon I'd better go over there and find out if I have been, too!  I'll let you know...
javamama

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 10:16:01 AM »

They're still allowing me to post -- so I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't allow you.  Goodness knows I've been more active in the RCC threads...just because I have more time than you.

Incidentally, there have been some positive things come from posting there.  Two different people (who were involved in a thread called, "Make me a Christian") have contacted me via PM and are both now doing some reading into Orthodoxy.  

I think it's a great forum for letting people know that Orthodoxy exists and that it's not some sort of cult.  My own experience bears witness, since I first found out about Orthodoxy on the internet.  There are an awful lot of folks who truly do not know there is an alternative to being either Protestant or Roman Catholic.
el930692

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 06:04:22 PM »

I’m the web master for the www.conciliarpress.com .
There is no conspiracy, we moved to bizhosting.com because is cheaper then yahoo where we had our web store, and we decided not to use christianity.com to reduce confusion among our customers.
In other words instead using two servers ( christianity.com and yahoo.com) we only using one(bizhosting.com).  
In Christ,
Florin

NULL
Karamazov
Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 08:59:01 PM »

forgive my ignorance... what is TBBTSNBN?

boilerguy
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 11:18:53 AM »

Sssssssssssshhhhhhhh

The Bulletin Board That Shall Not Be Named

and it gave a lot of folk a really hard time and still exists Sad

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 02:12:45 PM »

Well, my repeated emails got a response.

I have been accused of violating TOS #5, #6, and #19, that is, trolling, ad hominem attack, and  using the message board to air my grievances against other fellow members.

I can get my case reviewed in a week if I so desire (I don't particularly) but I would like them to try and present evidence of the above accusations. Perhaps I perceive myself differently than others, but I honestly don't think any of the above describe anything I have posted there (it describes plenty of other members though Roll Eyes)

BTW, the conspiracy theory was a joke. Sorry it didn't come across that way.

John.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: