OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:26:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Kosmodemyanskaya become Saint Zoya?  (Read 22755 times) Average Rating: 0
Simkins
Elder

Faith: Православный

« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »

when I was a Muslim, all I did was argue with Christians.
Have you also tried Druidism? Or that heathenish religion practiced by the brewers of Heather Ale?

I think that you will end up as a Freemason. Thats how all the folks like yourself end up.
 The Moderators and Administrators have been very patient with you since you were a newcomer to the forum, but you are now being placed on an official warning for this type of uncalled for attack on fellow posters. If this posting behaviour continues, you will be placed on post moderation, and if it continues further, you will be banned.

ozgeorge
(Global Moderator)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:14:04 PM by ozgeorge » Logged
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2009, 06:27:03 PM »

Ivan Grozny was officially canonized by Moscow Eparchy.

Complete and utter nonsense. The Moscow Patriarchate has steadfastly refused to canonise Ivan IV, and rightly so.
Not by Patriarchate but by Eparchy. Местночтимый московский святой. My source is Janna Bichevskaya radio programme  where she clearly stated that. It is archived somewhere on her website. Do you suggest that Peoples Artist of Russia Janna Bichevskaya is a liar?

Until you can provide proof that Tsar Ivan IV is listed as a saint in any canonical Orthodox calendar, provide proof of a feast-day appointed for him, and a vigil service written for him, then yes, Janna Bichevskaya is not telling the truth. So she has praised Ivan Grozny in her quasi-religious, nationalistic songs. So what? That hardly means that the man is a saint. Who has the authority to proclaim sainthood - a singer, a revisionist nationalist (like yourself), or the Russian Orthodox Church?
LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2009, 06:46:21 PM »

I think that you will end up as a Freemason. Thats how all the folks like yourself end up.

Ah, the refuge of a scoundrel. When you can't win the argument by honest discourse, resort to personal attack. Nice. Very brave. Very manly. Your colors are showing more and more, Simkins.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:47:00 PM by LBK » Logged
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »

deleted by user.  the purple demons had me for a moment.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:54:31 PM by Schultz » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2009, 07:11:30 PM »

when I was a Muslim, all I did was argue with Christians.
Have you also tried Druidism? Or that heathenish religion practiced by the brewers of Heather Ale?

1. You do not know Gabriel, and, therefore, you have no right to classify him as a person who is "like so-and-so."

2. I agree with LBK above that this is a pure undiluted ad hominem attack that has exactly nothing to do with issues discussed in this thread.

Love never fails.
LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »

The problem with Simkins is that he is quite eager to "fight dirty", yet, we who disagree with him, and have questioned at length his motives and viewpoints, are obliged (by our own sense of what's right, and through this forum's rules) to "play fair". But "the truth will out", as the old saying goes. Yet again, Simkins has shown his cowardice at answering straight questions challenging his views.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »

Ask everyone to take a breather and I get called a druid and a freemason?!  Gosh, tough crowd!  Cheesy 

But seriously... please forgive me if I offended anyone.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:07:21 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »

You mean you got the 'third degree'?   laugh

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2009, 10:21:26 PM »

You should all know by now that Simkins is utterly childish and immature in his crusades re Zoya, revisionist nationalism, and in refusing to answer to any sensible degree any of our legitimate questions. So, Gabriel, to be branded a possible Druid and a potential Freemason by this man should be a badge of courage, not an insult. Small men resort to personal attacks, real men argue their case with dignity and proper reason.  Cool
Tags: Academia Revisionism Communism The Zoya Revision 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: