OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 08:55:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: music for the Lorica Patricii  (Read 1646 times) Average Rating: 0
Elpidophoros
Elder

Faith: OX

« on: March 06, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »

Anyone has the music for the Lorica Sancti Patricii(episcopi armachiae)? Huh
Christopher McAvoy
Never forget the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate & all persecuted christians!
Elder

Faith: orthodóxis, atque cathólice et apostólice fídei
Jurisdiction: Latin Catholic from the 12th c.

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »

This is a setting of chant or polyphony for St Patrick's Feast Day?

"and for all who are Orthodox, and who hold the Catholic and Apostolic Faith, remember, O Lord, thy servants" - yet the post-conciliar RC hierarchy is tolerant of everyone and everything... except Catholic Tradition, for modernists are as salt with no taste, to be “thrown out and trampled under foot
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:55:01 PM »

Anyone has the music for the Lorica Sancti Patricii(episcopi armachiae)? Huh

Well, I can give you links at the tunes "St. Patrick" and "Deirdre" which are the ones used in our hymnal, along with the directions for singing it.  Smiley 

Here is a link to the first tune, "St. Patrick" and the words for most of the verses. Please note that it says that the first half of the tune is sung for the first four lines then it starts over for the next full verse.
http://rockhay.tripod.com/worship/music/ibindunto.htm

Then in for verse 5 it switches to a different set of words and the tune "Deirdre"
http://rockhay.tripod.com/worship/music/christbewithme.htm

Then it goes back to "St. Patrick for the last verse.

The web site is not from my church, but the tunes and words are correct.  At my parish we sing all the verses with great vigour. (There have been jokes in the choir about being at "St. Marks and All Verses")  Smiley

Ebor
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 05:56:52 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Elpidophoros
Elder

Faith: OX

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »

Thank you!
But my version is "I arise today"...
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:08:03 PM »

Well, that's a different translation of the same writing, and I don't recall ever hearing that one sung myself.  I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help to you. That's the only hymn/melodies that I know.  Perhaps someone else has heard of the other translation being set to music.  Smiley

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: