OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 06:05:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a Great Dad!  (Read 8192 times) Average Rating: 0
_Seraphim_
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Diocese of Western America (under His Grace Bishop Maxim)

May Orthodoxy become our orthopraxis

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »

If I'm ever blessed to be a father, I seriously hope and pray I'll be like this man.  "Oh those boys are much too much!" Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A2Ap3DyvLg

Gabriel, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!  My wife and I have wanted kids for years (we're still trying to get financially established)... and this video makes us even more eager!... we both specialize in silliness!  Grin  When she showed me the video this morning we both laughed for a good solid five minutes, then concluded that it was officially going to be an awesome day!

"Disputes merely about words must not be suffered to divide those who think alike."
-St. Athanasius (†444)

Pray for Orthodox Unity

"Behold the light of our Agreed Statement on Christology"
http://www.orthodoxunity.org/state04.html
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »

If I'm ever blessed to be a father, I seriously hope and pray I'll be like this man.  "Oh those boys are much too much!" Cheesy

Gabriel, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!  My wife and I have wanted kids for years (we're still trying to get financially established)
If you wait until you can afford kids, you will never have them.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

Gabriel, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!  My wife and I have wanted kids for years (we're still trying to get financially established)
If you wait until you can afford kids, you will never have them.

That's my thought, and you'd be surprised that no matter how poor you can be and no matter how much you sacrifice it never really seems like you've given up too terribly much. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 02:53:40 PM »

^I have to third this idea. You are never finacially stable enough to have kids. Just make sure you all are in good health (especially future mommy's teeth!) and have jobs that are solid and you are ahead of the game.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:36 AM »

Gabriel, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!  My wife and I have wanted kids for years (we're still trying to get financially established)... and this video makes us even more eager!... we both specialize in silliness!  Grin  When she showed me the video this morning we both laughed for a good solid five minutes, then concluded that it was officially going to be an awesome day!

I don't blame you - it's nice to put at least a little bit of money away as savings "just in case" something comes up and only one of you is working.  As the others have said, if you wait until you can "afford" kids, you'll either be waiting until you two are past your child-rearing years, or you won't have any at all.  But it is wise to at least make sure you're on somewhat solid ground before taking the plunge.

Just make sure you all are in good health (especially future mommy's teeth!) and have jobs that are solid and you are ahead of the game.

Amen.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: