OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 03:01:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blessing of the Holy Muron - Orthodox Church of the East  (Read 1130 times) Average Rating: 0
theorthodoxchurch
georgy

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Syrian Church of the East (Indian Orthodox Church)

georgy

« on: March 01, 2009, 03:21:13 AM »

Orthodox Church of the East-Indian Orthodox Church

Blessing of the Holy Muron will take in the month of April 2009 at Devalokam Palace (Catholicate of the East), Headquarters of the Indian Orthodox Church. The blessing will be presided by His Holiness Moron Mor Beselus Mathoma Dydimos I, Catholicose of the Apostolic Throne of St Thomas and Malankara Metropolitan. The Blessing of Holy Muron is to take place after a time period of ten years. The last Blessing was in the year 2008 under the auspicious leadership of the late Catholicose His Holiness Moron Mar Beselius Marthoma Mathews II.

Source:

Orthodoxy Beyond Limits News Service

http://www.theorthodoxchurch.info/blogs/news/news.html

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:01:44 AM »

Are they doing another blessing of the Muron because there is a new Catholicos, or is there a need already?  Your post says that this is usually done every ten years, but it's only been a year (2008) since the "last blessing."

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
theorthodoxchurch
georgy

georgy

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »

There wasa  mistake in the posting, Blessing of the previous Muron took place in the year 1998. It take place once in ten years..  i have corrected it. pls note
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:57:04 AM by theorthodoxchurch » Logged
theorthodoxchurch
georgy

georgy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 08:56:25 AM »

Orthodox Church of the East-Indian Orthodox Church

Blessing of the Holy Muron will take in the month of April 2009 at Devalokam Palace (Catholicate of the East), Headquarters of the Indian Orthodox Church. The blessing will be presided by His Holiness Moron Mor Beselus Mathoma Dydimos I, Catholicose of the Apostolic Throne of St Thomas and Malankara Metropolitan. The Blessing of Holy Muron is to take place after a time period of ten years. The last Blessing was in the year 1998 under the auspicious leadership of the late Catholicose His Holiness Moron Mar Beselius Marthoma Mathews II.

Source:

Orthodoxy Beyond Limits News Service

http://www.theorthodoxchurch.info/blogs/news/news.html

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »

There wasa  mistake in the posting, Blessing of the previous Muron took place in the year 1998. It take place once in ten years..  i have corrected it. pls note 

Oh, thank you.  I was going to say - wow, they used a lot of Muron, didn't they!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags: Holy Muron Blesing  Indian orthodox Church  Events  chrism Indian Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: