OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 09:31:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy news from the British Orthodox Church  (Read 1554 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: March 03, 2009, 01:14:26 AM »

Report by Subdeacon Michael Kennedy

On Sunday 22nd February at the beautiful little church of St Felix at Babingley on the Sandringham estate Deacon Peter Farrington was ordained to the sacred order of the priesthood at the hands of His Eminence Abba Seraphim.  Many church members were present with every community represented, some of whom had travelled long distances to be there.  Abba Seraphim in his homily emphasised the importance of thanksgiving and reminded us that in spite of the unremitting bad news in the media every day we still have much to be thankful for. Not only were we giving thanks on this occasion for the ordination of Father Peter but at in the same service Father Simon was being raised to the order of hegumenous, Abba Seraphim’s mother Joyce had celebrated her ninety-fifth birthday the previous day and Abba Seraphim himself would mark thirty years in the episcopate the following Saturday. In spite of the chilly weather it was possible to take a group photograph outside the church before everybody left for a buffet reception at Kings Lynn golf club just a couple of miles away.

Fr Peter is to serve at the parish of St Alban and St Athanasios, Chatham, Kent.  He will assist the parish priest Fr Michael Robson who has been ill for some time and who was sadly unable to be present at the ordination service.

Please remember Fr Michael in your prayers and Fr Peter as he begins his ministry with the traditional period of forty days preparation.

http://www.britishorthodox.org/priest_ordination.php

A recent prayer thread for Father Peter can be found here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,19821.0.html

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »

Do they send British Orthodox priests to a Coptic monastery for preparation?  Or elsewhere?

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:46:31 AM »

I am spending much of the 40 days after my ordination being trained by my bishop and other clergy.

God bless

Father Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »

Congratulations on your ordination and welcome back to OC.net.  It's been about 4 1/2 years since you were last posting, I believe.  Smiley

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »

I stepped out for some air.  Wink

Seriously I needed a break 4 1/2 years ago. Was it that long? I was spending my entirel life constructing answers to arguments which were raging on OCnet. It didn't do me much good spiritually.

Thank you to those who prayed and pray for me.

May God bless you all

Father Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 07:19:46 PM »

I just noticed that you'll have to change the information on the left side of your posts.  It still says "the unworthy subdeacon"  Wink

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »

Welcome back, Father.   Smiley

Didymus
Peace and grace.
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HG Coptic Bishop Anba Daniel of Sydney

St. Thomas Didymus the Apostle of India

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »

Bless me please Abouna as I kiss thy holy hand,

Congratulations on your ordination!
Fr James of the Church of the Four Living Creatures here in Queensland, Australia was saying a few weeks ago what a scholar you are and how excellent and blessed a thing it is for the British Church to have a man as you amongst her priests.

Pray for us please Abouna,
Didymus.

...because I was not with you when the Lord came aforetime.
...because I am blind and yet I see.
paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 07:28:08 PM »

Dear Fr. Peter,  Barekmor!

May I seek your blessing first. I remember your hard work in getting the book,  'The The Council of Chalcedon Re-Examined' by Fr V. C. Samuel, re-published and your enthusiasm explaining the Christological framework of OO, especially the works of St. Severus of Antioch,  and also your service to OO Church as a whole in the Web, untiringly defending the Christological faith of the Church and explaining it for the benefit of ecumenical unity.

Congratulations as you are called to the service of priesthood!  Wishing you all the best in your future services, especially your services to the OO Church. 

Sincerely
Paul
Tags: British Orthodox Church Ordination really cool priest Coptic Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: