OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 05:55:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Article: Some Reflections on Managing an Orthodox Christian Discussion Forum  (Read 274 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: October 03, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »

Hi Friends,

Since many of you are not aware that there is more to the site than just the forum, please see our newest article, a reflection I wrote on managing a forum, and the pros and cons of forums. It was something I wrote 9 years ago, but which I never published then; I edited and published it now, partly in response to recent article on Ancient Faith Blogs criticizing forums.

Some Reflections on Managing an Orthodox Christian Discussion Forum

In Christ,
Anastasios

PS: all of our 17 articles can be accessed by clicking the link at the top of the page in the header "Articles." Or, if you don't see it for some reason: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/articles

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »

Was this posted in another thread? I think I read this recently.  For the record, I greatly enjoy your site here. It has problems just like everything else where people are involved, but it is really nice to have a place where you can chat with other Orthodox Christians.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:46:23 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »

Was this posted in another thread? I think I read this recently.  For the record, I greatly enjoy your site here. It has problems just like everything else where people are involved, but it is really nice to have a place where you can chat with other Orthodox Christians.

+1

And get other viewpoints from other cultures pertaining to Orthodoxy.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »

Hi Friends,

Since many of you are not aware that there is more to the site than just the forum, please see our newest article, a reflection I wrote on managing a forum, and the pros and cons of forums. It was something I wrote 9 years ago, but which I never published then; I edited and published it now, partly in response to recent article on Ancient Faith Blogs criticizing forums.

Some Reflections on Managing an Orthodox Christian Discussion Forum

In Christ,
Anastasios

PS: all of our 17 articles can be accessed by clicking the link at the top of the page in the header "Articles." Or, if you don't see it for some reason: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/articles

blogs criticizing forums-isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 01:25:19 PM »

i think this is his point!
 Wink

i read the article and was looking for a place to make a comment about it; glad i found this page!
thanks a lot for your article and telling us a bit about yourself and why you gave us this really useful website.

Smiley
mabsoota
(which means 'happy' in arabic)
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »

Yes, it was in reply to the "Finding your way in online Orthodoxy" article, but it didn't garner much response, so I posted it as a separate thread.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 02:56:43 PM »

i think this is his point!
 Wink

i read the article and was looking for a place to make a comment about it; glad i found this page!
thanks a lot for your article and telling us a bit about yourself and why you gave us this really useful website.

Smiley
mabsoota
(which means 'happy' in arabic)

Thank you! I plan on making a bridge between the articles and the forum, such that the two are integrated in the future, and comments are threads automatically.

Please Buy My Book!

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »

blogs criticizing forums-isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?

Indeed.

Please Buy My Book!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: