Author Topic: Question to the Mods and those in the know...  (Read 943 times)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
Question to the Mods and those in the know...
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »
OK, so under 'Users Online' it will say 'X Guests, X Users' and sometimes followed by (X Hidden).  When you click on this it takes you to a page called "Who's Online" where you can see what everyone is viewing or posting in (under the 'Action' heading).  I enjoy this feature because I've found all sorts of older, interesting topics.  Anyway, when I'm not logged in I can see what almost everyone is doing (more on 'almost' later).  When I'm not logged in, the action of a User will sometimes say Nothing, or Nothing You Can See.  I know this means that they're either on the Private or Mod only forums, but sometimes it will say this next to a Guests name.  What's going on here?  Also, what does it mean when it says 'X Hidden'?  Can anyone go incognito or Mods only?  And, what's the point of doing so?

If all this is Topsecret OC.net stuff, I'll understand...

Thanks,

Gabriel
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:34:23 PM by GabrieltheCelt »
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Question to the Mods and those in the know...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »
A few answers:

1. "Nothing, or Nothing You Can See" usually pertains to an action not readily described; so this could be changing profile options, account options, etc - things you can't participate in.

2. There is an option in your "Account Related Settings" that says "Show others your online status?"  If you have it checked, then people will see your name when logged in on the mainpage, and on the "Who's Online" page.  If you do not have it checked, then only the moderators will be able to see your online status.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »
I enjoy this feature because I've found all sorts of older, interesting topics.

Or in some cases, you find all sorts of embarassing posts you made years ago! ;)
We all have an El Guapo to face. Be brave, and fight like lions!

Form a 'brute squad' then!

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
Thanks Cleveland!  And I know what you mean Asteriktos...
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:55:44 PM »
I particularly like the option of sorting the online users, twice. This puts all logged on users at top so one can see what real participants are doing. Handy if you're awaiting a reply to a post.  ;)
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 05:41:06 PM »
^^Nice!  I've already learned more than I bargained...