OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 10:31:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question to the Mods and those in the know...  (Read 884 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: March 01, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

OK, so under 'Users Online' it will say 'X Guests, X Users' and sometimes followed by (X Hidden).  When you click on this it takes you to a page called "Who's Online" where you can see what everyone is viewing or posting in (under the 'Action' heading).  I enjoy this feature because I've found all sorts of older, interesting topics.  Anyway, when I'm not logged in I can see what almost everyone is doing (more on 'almost' later).  When I'm not logged in, the action of a User will sometimes say Nothing, or Nothing You Can See.  I know this means that they're either on the Private or Mod only forums, but sometimes it will say this next to a Guests name.  What's going on here?  Also, what does it mean when it says 'X Hidden'?  Can anyone go incognito or Mods only?  And, what's the point of doing so?

If all this is Topsecret OC.net stuff, I'll understand...

Thanks,

Gabriel
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:34:23 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »

A few answers:

1. "Nothing, or Nothing You Can See" usually pertains to an action not readily described; so this could be changing profile options, account options, etc - things you can't participate in.

2. There is an option in your "Account Related Settings" that says "Show others your online status?"  If you have it checked, then people will see your name when logged in on the mainpage, and on the "Who's Online" page.  If you do not have it checked, then only the moderators will be able to see your online status.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »

I enjoy this feature because I've found all sorts of older, interesting topics.

Or in some cases, you find all sorts of embarassing posts you made years ago! Wink
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »

Thanks Cleveland!  And I know what you mean Asteriktos...

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:55:44 PM »

I particularly like the option of sorting the online users, twice. This puts all logged on users at top so one can see what real participants are doing. Handy if you're awaiting a reply to a post.  Wink

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 05:41:06 PM »

^^Nice!  I've already learned more than I bargained...

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: