Author Topic: Monastery of Saint George of Hazeva and St. John Jacob the Hodzebite  (Read 231 times)

Offline BusterMartin

Does anyone know the mailing address of the Monastery of Saint George of Hazeva and St. John Jacob the Hodzebite?  I have been searching all over the internet, but I can't find where to write a letter.  Thank you in advance for any help!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • You're my guardian angel hiding in the woods
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Re: Monastery of Saint George of Hazeva and St. John Jacob the Hodzebite
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »
P.O. Box 31388, Jerusalem 91001, Israel
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline IreneOlinyk

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 05:30:58 PM »
Does anyone know the mailing address of the Monastery of Saint George of Hazeva and St. John Jacob the Hodzebite?  I have been searching all over the internet, but I can't find where to write a letter.  Thank you in advance for any help!

Are you planning on visiting?  The pictures are amazing: https://www.seetheholyland.net/monastery-of-st-george/

The spectacle of the Monastery of St George — a cliff-hanging complex carved into a sheer rock wall in the Judaean Desert, overlooking an unexpectedly lush garden with olive and cypress trees — is one of the most striking sights of the Holy Land.
The monastery’s picturesque setting is in a deep and narrow gorge called Wadi Qelt, in a cliff face pocked with caves and recesses that have offered habitation to monks and hermits for many centuries.
The wadi winds its deep and tortuous course for 35 kilometres between Jerusalem and Jericho — for most of the way providing a route for the Roman road on which Jesus set the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37).

Offline BusterMartin

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 10:40:26 PM »
P.O. Box 31388, Jerusalem 91001, Israel

Thank you!!

Offline BusterMartin

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 10:41:13 PM »

Are you planning on visiting?  The pictures are amazing: https://www.seetheholyland.net/monastery-of-st-george/

The spectacle of the Monastery of St George — a cliff-hanging complex carved into a sheer rock wall in the Judaean Desert, overlooking an unexpectedly lush garden with olive and cypress trees — is one of the most striking sights of the Holy Land.
The monastery’s picturesque setting is in a deep and narrow gorge called Wadi Qelt, in a cliff face pocked with caves and recesses that have offered habitation to monks and hermits for many centuries.
The wadi winds its deep and tortuous course for 35 kilometres between Jerusalem and Jericho — for most of the way providing a route for the Roman road on which Jesus set the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37).

I am not planning on visiting but I do need to write.  I agree....the pictures are wonderful!