Author Topic: Where all Saints are residing right now?  (Read 154 times)

Offline Zephyr7

• Faith: catholic
Where all Saints are residing right now?
« on: November 12, 2017, 04:37:00 AM »
If I get it right, there was no Last Judgement yet and therefore eternal hell and heaven has not startet yet :)

Also, we now that the ad should be empty since Christ broke its gates...

So, my question is - where are people going after they die - in what place are they waiting to get their bodies back?

Especially - where are all the Saints?

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Where all Saints are residing right now?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 05:02:28 AM »
As far as I understand it, those who have passed have experienced a preliminary judgment and currently get a foretaste of what will come after the Last judgment. Whether this is in a 'hades' which is divided up into parts, or with some in hades and some in a kind of heaven, seems unclear. Scripture speaks of people in heaven post-Resurrection but before the last judgment, though to what extent this should be taken as literal also seems unclear. The 'where' beyond this seems even more speculative, so who knows.

Christ is spoken of breaking down the gates of hades and conquering death, but this isn't necessarily to be taken as an automatic or temporally immediate thing. This is similar to how God said that Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate the forbidden fruit, but he was speaking of a condition or state of being and an eventual conclusion, moreso than an immediate consequence. So while Christ broke down the gates of hades, the Church Fathers nonetheless saw this term as symbolizing ongoing issues that the Church would have to deal with. Likewise, though death was destroyed by the death of Christ, nonetheless people still die an earthly death, and even if they've died still do not experience things as they will in eternity.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »
If I get it right, there was no Last Judgement yet and therefore eternal hell and heaven has not startet yet :)

Also, we now that the ad should be empty since Christ broke its gates...

So, my question is - where are people going after they die - in what place are they waiting to get their bodies back?

Especially - where are all the Saints?

In Paradise, i.e., in bliss.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Zephyr7

• Faith: catholic
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 04:38:45 PM »
Hmm :) I can't really say I understand it :)

Is it the place where God created Adam and Eve?

or is it the place where God is residing?

And how about the bad ones?

Do they go to hell before being judged? Do they stay there forewer or wait for the final judgement?

It is written in the Bible that the rich man (from the story of Lazarus) was sent to hell and was suffering from thirst. But as I understand it - it happened before the Final Judgement...

So.. How is it exactly? :)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »
Hmm :) I can't really say I understand it :)

Is it the place where God created Adam and Eve?

or is it the place where God is residing?

And how about the bad ones?

Do they go to hell before being judged? Do they stay there forewer or wait for the final judgement?

It is written in the Bible that the rich man (from the story of Lazarus) was sent to hell and was suffering from thirst. But as I understand it - it happened before the Final Judgement...

So.. How is it exactly? :)

Yeah, they go to torment, and I think we still call it Hades. My inference would be that Christ rescued from the underworld only those intended for bliss. Another possible inference -- and this could touch on your Paradise question as well -- is that these terms such as Hades have multiple applications. Now, to me it's obvious that we are not given to know details of the next life (and I doubt whether we even could comprehend many such details -- as St. Paul said of "a man" caught up into the third heaven, its description could not be uttered in human speech) but are given its framework, its foundational principles, as enough to assure us and guide us. And of these principles, probably the most foundational is that equity is restored by means of bliss and torment.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy