OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 07:12:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byzantine Music Workshop, hosted by St. George, Pittsburgh, PA  (Read 734 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« on: February 27, 2009, 10:58:35 AM »

St. George in Pittsburgh (AOA) is hosting a one-day Byzantine Music workshop on Saturday, March 21. 

From their own description:
"This will be a Byzantine Chant Workshop focusing on teaching the basics of Byzantine Chant, as well as how to read the Byzantine Notation. We will begin with a Divine Liturgy at 9am (all in Byzantine Chant) followed by light snacks and the beginning workshops at 10:30am. All the talks will be done in English, and there will also be talks on the History of Byzantine Chant and Liturgical topics of importance. A Lenten lunch will be provided.

To cover the cost of the snacks and lunch, the workshops will cost $10 total."

To RSVP, PM me and I'll send you the guy's email address.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:09:07 PM »

Dang, I wish we could have one of those in the midwest.  If any of you Chant Experts want to come out to Omaha or know someone who would be willing, PM me and let me know.  I can't impart what I have learned in a cogent way and very few people actually want to learn the byzantine notation (which I do want to do).   

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: