OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 06:55:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: From which Priest you eventually would take Holy Eucharist?
non mainstream Orthodox (not-recognized autocephaly, old calendarists) - 18 (23.4%)
Oriental Orthodox (if you are EO)/Eastern Orthodox (if you are OO) - 22 (28.6%)
Catholic - 7 (9.1%)
Anglican - 4 (5.2%)
Evangelic (Lutheran, Metodist, Presbyterian, UCC) - 1 (1.3%)
Evangelical (Baptist, Pentecostal, Adventist...) - 0 (0%)
neither - 25 (32.5%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Life hazard situation  (Read 9411 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2011, 03:13:50 AM »

But would non-mainstream or OO allow you to partake is the question that is being left out.

Many OO jurisdictions would.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:45 AM »

Christ is present in the same way in the Catholic Eucharists as He is in the Orthodox one. He sanctify you, not the pope.

You seem to have done a 180 on this issue. See reply #9 in this thread:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,30972.0.html

You said that there are no Sacraments outside the Church.

[EDIT]: Oops, I just noticed that the post I am responding to is significantly older than the one I just referenced.

So then it would seem that you changed your mind towards realizing that the "Catholics" do not have the Eucharist?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:23:54 AM by deusveritasest » Logged

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2011, 03:33:30 AM »

Catholic only. I know that the other Apostolic Churches (EO, OO, or Assyrian) would not want to give me communion. NOthing wrong with that. Its their bliefe system.
If you were unable to speak or move, I'd tell the Priest that you had requested Chrisimation.  Cheesy

LOL  laugh

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2011, 03:35:48 AM »

I get a little nervous with the Assyrian Churches though.

LOL. As well you should.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2011, 03:37:15 AM »

I guess what it boils down to is, if someone is about to die and they are just frantically trying to get communion, it might do them better to just confess their sins.
Would an Orthodox priest accept the confession of a dying Roman Catholic?

Speaking for myself personally, I could not refuse to hear a dying man's confession and nor could I refuse to pray that God would forgive his sins and receive his soul into eternal life.   The question as to whether that prayer is "sacramental" properly belongs to God, whether He looked upon my prayer for forgiveness as something in the nature of a sacrament or not.

You know how Priests often hear the confessions of catechumens and bless them but do not absolve?

Which would you do in this case?

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2011, 03:46:50 AM »

I guess what it boils down to is, if someone is about to die and they are just frantically trying to get communion, it might do them better to just confess their sins.

Speaking for myself personally, I could not refuse to hear a dying man's confession and nor could I refuse to pray that God would forgive his sins and receive his soul into eternal life.   The question as to whether that prayer is "sacramental" properly belongs to God, whether He looked upon my prayer for forgiveness as something in the nature of a sacrament or not.

You know how Priests often hear the confessions of catechumens and bless them but do not absolve?

The same.  I would hear the confession of a catechumen who asked, pray to God for forgiveness, without an epitrakhil.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2011, 04:01:26 AM »

The same.  I would hear the confession of a catechumen who asked, pray to God for forgiveness, without an epitrakhil.

Ah. That sounds wise. Thanks.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2011, 07:26:05 AM »

It's a two-year-old thread. People change, you know...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2011, 03:44:15 PM »

It's a two-year-old thread. People change, you know...

Yep. Like I said, I didn't realize how old it was until that edited segment.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2011, 06:05:16 PM »

Catholic only. I know that the other Apostolic Churches (EO, OO, or Assyrian) would not want to give me communion. NOthing wrong with that. Its their bliefe system.

Actually you could get communion in the Assyrian Church with no problem at all and in fact one of their bishops participated in the consecration of his Eastern Catholic counterpart a few years back if memory serves me correctly.

The Armenians and Indians would give you communion as well in certain circumstances.
Fantastic. Then if an Armenian or Indian Orthodox would offer me communion and no Catholic Priest could give it to me in time then I would take it from one of these Churches. I get a little nervous with the Assyrian Churches though.

I understand that you are in communion, through the Chaldean Catholic Church.  The Vatican has approved intercommunion.
Tags: confession communion sacraments 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: