OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 07:28:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should children be spanked?
Absolutely yes! - 35 (18.2%)
In some cases, yes. - 87 (45.3%)
Maybe. - 15 (7.8%)
No, probably not. - 24 (12.5%)
Absolutely not! - 31 (16.1%)
Total Voters: 192

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanking - Yea or Nay?  (Read 67061 times) Average Rating: 3
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #495 on: September 06, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »

First problem, define spank?

A blow of how much force?
Hand, fist or instrument?
To which site upon the child?
Administered only when the adult is NOT in a temper?

Spank: to deliver a blow to the gluteus maximus muscle with the open hand traveling at approximately 200 ft/s for the purpose of meteing discipline to a child between the ages of 2 and 8.

I love the very specific definition. How anyone might gauge that their hand is travelling at 200 feet per sec or thereabouts beats me. Secondly I know spanking means different things to different people and some of those 'different' things worry me a lot.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #496 on: September 06, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »

Spank: to deliver a blow to the gluteus maximus muscle with the open hand traveling at approximately 200 ft/s for the purpose of meteing discipline to a child between the ages of 2 and 8.

What about data sets?  Graphs?  I need to visualize the math.  What would be an optimal starting distance from target?

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #497 on: September 06, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »

What about data sets?  Graphs?  I need to visualize the math.  What would be an optimal starting distance from target?

Here is the graph.  Geez!  Do I have to do all the work for you?  I thought you were a parent, you should have all this calculated out already.  Where did you get your parental certificate?  Angry

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #498 on: September 06, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »

If you are having difficulties measuring your spanking speed, I recommend your contact this company.  They were absolutely invaluable for me!

http://www.sportsmotion.com/

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #499 on: September 06, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »

Here is the graph.  Geez!  Do I have to do all the work for you?  I thought you were a parent, you should have all this calculated out already.  Where did you get your parental certificate?  Angry

Not I, said the cat.  Although I was spanked quite often by my parents, for being a bit of a problem child.  Understanding the physics and calculation behind it all is fascinating. 

TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #500 on: September 06, 2013, 05:21:01 PM »

My bad.  I was mistaken.  Well, if you ever do have the opportunity to have some cherubs of your own, now you know the science behind it.  Grin

rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

Spanking speeds?

This thread is at the top of my "Updates" list. Can I end it already, please?

Or is that going to cause more spanking?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:20:44 PM by rakovsky » Logged
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #502 on: September 09, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »

I love the very specific definition. How anyone might gauge that their hand is travelling at 200 feet per sec or thereabouts beats me. Secondly I know spanking means different things to different people and some of those 'different' things worry me a lot.

Cheesy

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »

I think it's better to interpret "spare the rod, spoil the child", not meaning that you must beat with a rod, but rather that discipline is necessary.  Over the years, I have observed that most of the children who behave very badly in church (loud screaming and tantrums that can't be calmed) are from families who do not spank their kids (or perhaps their discipline in general was lax or inconsistent).

I grew up in a family where rare spankings were given with a wooden spoon, however, I quit spanking our son when he was about 5 years old after observing that the spankings were not changing his behavior, and were not creating any remorse, they were only making him angry.  So we switched to time-outs and removing privileges.

My son-in-law has a unique method of discipline that works very well.  When the boys, 7 & 8 years old, misbehave they have to do pushups.  Usually it's 10 pushups, but once for a bad offense 100 were prescribed.  The boys cooperate very well with this and it's also providing benefit to their bodies.  It's discipline you can use in public (because of course kids easily take advantage of a situation where there can be no punishment), raises a few eyebrows, but can't be labeled child abuse.  The kids appreciate this, because it gets the punishment out of the way, is much preferred to a long time-out.  My son-in-law also used this technique to great effect when teaching at an all boys high school.  He allowed his students to choose push-ups instead of demerits for misbehavior.

That push up idea is phenomenal.  Running laps could be used as well, I'd bet.  If I ever accidentally have any children, I shall be sure to try out your bro-in-law's method.

My uncle had an effective method as well.  One time my little cousin was being a turd at the restaurant and my aunt gave up and told him to deal with it.  He leaned over, whispered something, and that was that.  Perfect little cherub for the rest of dinner.  Eventually I had to know, so I asked.  He told him that if he didn't shut up immediately and stay shut up, he was going to take every toy and stuft animal at home, pile them up on the lawn, and then burn them and make him watch.   Cheesy

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #504 on: September 09, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »

Cheesy

I'm sure there were delicate and highly accurate measuring devices.  Lasers and radars and such.

Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #505 on: September 09, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »

I think it's better to interpret "spare the rod, spoil the child", not meaning that you must beat with a rod, but rather that discipline is necessary.  Over the years, I have observed that most of the children who behave very badly in church (loud screaming and tantrums that can't be calmed) are from families who do not spank their kids (or perhaps their discipline in general was lax or inconsistent).

I grew up in a family where rare spankings were given with a wooden spoon, however, I quit spanking our son when he was about 5 years old after observing that the spankings were not changing his behavior, and were not creating any remorse, they were only making him angry.  So we switched to time-outs and removing privileges.

My son-in-law has a unique method of discipline that works very well.  When the boys, 7 & 8 years old, misbehave they have to do pushups.  Usually it's 10 pushups, but once for a bad offense 100 were prescribed.  The boys cooperate very well with this and it's also providing benefit to their bodies.  It's discipline you can use in public (because of course kids easily take advantage of a situation where there can be no punishment), raises a few eyebrows, but can't be labeled child abuse.  The kids appreciate this, because it gets the punishment out of the way, is much preferred to a long time-out.  My son-in-law also used this technique to great effect when teaching at an all boys high school.  He allowed his students to choose push-ups instead of demerits for misbehavior.

That push up idea is phenomenal.  Running laps could be used as well, I'd bet.  If I ever accidentally have any children, I shall be sure to try out your bro-in-law's method.

My uncle had an effective method as well.  One time my little cousin was being a turd at the restaurant and my aunt gave up and told him to deal with it.  He leaned over, whispered something, and that was that.  Perfect little cherub for the rest of dinner.  Eventually I had to know, so I asked.  He told him that if he didn't shut up immediately and stay shut up, he was going to take every toy and stuft animal at home, pile them up on the lawn, and then burn them and make him watch.   Cheesy

I also have used push ups to good effect, in fact it had two benefits of which the second was to correct a lumbar lordosis which a paediatrician told us he could offer no treatment for. So now one 6' 5'' man with size 16 feet has a back as straight as any marine.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #506 on: October 17, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »

Our daughter is almost 15.  When she was little we spanked her for any direct defiance or disobedience.  We taught her contentedness in small things and to be satisfied with simplicity.  We also homeschool.

I came in off the land today, and she made me some baked apples and fresh pizza.   Smiley

NEVER ONE TIME has she once back talked my wife or I.  She has no interest in makeup.  She has no interest in fashions or jewelry.  She can destroy me in bible trivia.

She has several like minded friends too.   I over hear the teenage conversations some times.... It's not about boys or gossip.  It's about canning, new bunnies born, goats & farming, and sewing stitch types etc. etc.   

....I'm unworthy to have a daughter like her. 

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2014, 05:20:13 PM »

Discipling children is the most important work of the parents.

However, discipline must be done with love and prayers.

Children teach us patience, love, temperance, etc., as the family is a school of sanctity and a Domestic Church.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »

After reading many studies on this, I've completely resigned to not spanking my child except in the most extreme circumstances. Among things that I read, 1) spanking in the long term leads to disobedient children. 2) that it leads to strong negative feelings toward others in the long-term, and 3) that it could lower IQ and destroy brain matter in the long term.

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2014, 05:32:35 PM »

After reading many studies on this, I've completely resigned to not spanking my child except in the most extreme circumstances. Among things that I read, 1) spanking in the long term leads to disobedient children. 2) that it leads to strong negative feelings toward others in the long-term, and 3) that it could lower IQ and destroy brain matter in the long term.

One of the most important things a family can do is to avoid sugars of all kind and food processed with sugars.

This avoidance of sugar not only teaches a child discipline but also helps build their immune system.

I have seen well-behaved children act out and create scenes when given sugar. It is a poison.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:35:42 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »

Our daughter is almost 15.  When she was little we spanked her for any direct defiance or disobedience.  We taught her contentedness in small things and to be satisfied with simplicity.  We also homeschool.

I came in off the land today, and she made me some baked apples and fresh pizza.   Smiley

NEVER ONE TIME has she once back talked my wife or I.  She has no interest in makeup.  She has no interest in fashions or jewelry.  She can destroy me in bible trivia.

She has several like minded friends too.   I over hear the teenage conversations some times.... It's not about boys or gossip.  It's about canning, new bunnies born, goats & farming, and sewing stitch types etc. etc.   

I feel sorry for your daughter.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #511 on: October 12, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »

Awesome, Yesh.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »

Yesh, do you ascribe to the teachings of S.M. Davis, as well as Michael and Debi Pearl? 

xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »

I might. It depends on whether you are just sheltering her from reality or whether she's genuinely learned these values for herself.

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

« Reply #514 on: October 12, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

Our daughter is almost 15.  When she was little we spanked her for any direct defiance or disobedience.  We taught her contentedness in small things and to be satisfied with simplicity.  We also homeschool.

I came in off the land today, and she made me some baked apples and fresh pizza.   Smiley

NEVER ONE TIME has she once back talked my wife or I.  She has no interest in makeup.  She has no interest in fashions or jewelry.  She can destroy me in bible trivia.

She has several like minded friends too.   I over hear the teenage conversations some times.... It's not about boys or gossip.  It's about canning, new bunnies born, goats & farming, and sewing stitch types etc. etc.  

Yesh, do you ascribe to the teachings of S.M. Davis, as well as Michael and Debi Pearl?  
I am glad Yeshuaisiam's daughter turned out well. Yesh is generally a nice poster here. I don't think her niceness has very much to do with being physically struck by him. It sounds like that was a very small, although needless and negative, part of her development (at best, we are talking about "negative reinforcement"), but generally they had a positive, close relationship and this closeness helped her development.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:12:57 PM by rakovsky » Logged
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #515 on: October 12, 2014, 09:28:25 PM »

I am happy to hear that your daughter turned out well.  Hopefully she finds a husband worthy of her.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #516 on: October 13, 2014, 01:08:33 AM »

Our daughter is almost 15.  When she was little we spanked her for any direct defiance or disobedience.  We taught her contentedness in small things and to be satisfied with simplicity.  We also homeschool.

I came in off the land today, and she made me some baked apples and fresh pizza.   Smiley

NEVER ONE TIME has she once back talked my wife or I.  She has no interest in makeup.  She has no interest in fashions or jewelry.  She can destroy me in bible trivia.

She has several like minded friends too.   I over hear the teenage conversations some times.... It's not about boys or gossip.  It's about canning, new bunnies born, goats & farming, and sewing stitch types etc. etc.  

I am glad Yeshuaisiam's daughter turned out well. Yesh is generally a nice poster here. I don't think her niceness has very much to do with being physically struck by him. It sounds like that was a very small, although needless and negative, part of her development (at best, we are talking about "negative reinforcement"), but generally they had a positive, close relationship and this closeness helped her development.

After all, isn’t the goal immediate obedience with a smile?
S.M. Davis

and

If a child shows the least displeasure in response to a command or duty, it should be addressed as disobedience.
The Pearls

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #517 on: October 13, 2014, 01:12:48 AM »

I keep reading this as Speaking

and thinking....Yea, People should speak less......
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #518 on: October 13, 2014, 03:03:45 AM »

Yesh's daughter is going to be 30, unmarried, living with him, and not dating because no one meets Daddy's lofty standards for his princess.

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #519 on: October 13, 2014, 03:06:32 AM »

Yesh's daughter is going to be 30, unmarried, living with him, and not dating because no one meets Daddy's lofty standards for his princess.

That statement is reprehensible. Why are you so concerned about Yesh's daughter? Look at your own plate.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #520 on: October 13, 2014, 03:12:46 AM »

Or scared of him, because of the beatings.

Notice parents who beat their kids only seem to remember if the kid does good things. If the kid does bad things, they never blame it on themselves for having beaten the kid.

Selective memory, that. I've read plenty of stories about criminals who said they were beaten by their parents.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #521 on: October 13, 2014, 03:30:37 AM »

I had to look up the Pearls, and what I found on the wiki nauseated me so much, I couldn't dig deeper, or look up the other guy either.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #522 on: October 13, 2014, 03:35:30 AM »

I had to look up the Pearls, and what I found on the wiki nauseated me so much, I couldn't dig deeper, or look up the other guy either.

Oh yeah. The Pearls' book has been found in the homes of several parents who killed their kids.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #523 on: October 13, 2014, 04:02:27 AM »

If a child shows the least displeasure in response to a command or duty, it should be addressed as disobedience.
The Pearls

Is this about training up a child or a soldier in the Prussian army?

whether she's genuinely learned these values for herself.

She's 15. Even if she learned those values she should have unlearned it by now. Talking about rabbits and stitching, geez. I hope she talks about normal stuff when her father isn't listening in.

A rumspringa of unprecendented magnitude will probably kick in soon, and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on yesh's part, and a lot of schadefreude on my part; and it will have been all his fault for having been a drill sergeant.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:18:36 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

« Reply #524 on: October 13, 2014, 04:42:28 AM »

That statement is reprehensible. Why are you so concerned about Yesh's daughter? Look at your own plate.

LOL. I'm not even going to try to refute this because there's no content here. Just outrage that I'm not impressed with Yesh and his pseudo-traditional lifestyle choices.

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

« Reply #525 on: October 13, 2014, 04:45:04 AM »

Actually, Maria, I will say this. The exact situation I described has happened before with these weird 'Biblical Courtship' people. I'm not pulling this out of thin air.

Arachne
Protokentarchos

« Reply #526 on: October 13, 2014, 04:47:28 AM »

The Pearls

Don't give them ideas. It's not that hard to rustle up a firing squad among neighbours over there.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #527 on: October 13, 2014, 08:18:01 AM »

He's worse, IMO.   What yesh wrote, and knowing he does homeschooling, reminded me of these folks and Bill Gothard.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:19:23 AM by hecma925 » Logged

Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)

Holy Father Seraphim, Pray to God for us!

« Reply #528 on: October 13, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »

this

All my hope I place in you, O Mother of God, keep me under your protection!
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »

The Pearls

whether she's genuinely learned these values for herself.

She's 15. Even if she learned those values she should have unlearned it by now. Talking about rabbits and stitching, geez. I hope she talks about normal stuff when her father isn't listening in.

A rumspringa of unprecendented magnitude will probably kick in soon, and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on yesh's part, and a lot of schadefreude on my part; and it will have been all his fault for having been a drill sergeant.
Bah!  The Prussians were pansies. We train our kids to be kamikaze pilots here. They need to commit suicide on demand. That is God's will for their life. Obey your parents and all that...

rakovsky
Protokentarchos

« Reply #530 on: October 13, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »

Inside the Unholy World of ‘Christian Domestic Discipline’
Brandy Zadrozny
On a pain scale of one to 10, Chelsea ranks the epidural-free birth of her child as a six. Her husband’s spankings? Those are an eight.

When Chelsea gets flummoxed by a question, she asks Clint for guidance in a voice so high-pitched that it belies her 28 years: “Honey, how long does the spanking usually last?” (About 5 minutes, Clint says.)

...Foremost, that the Bible commands a husband to be the head of the household, and the wife must submit to him, in every way, or face painful chastisement.

Where does the Bible supposedly say that? I don't think it does.
Some practice “maintenance spanking,” wherein good girls are slapped on a schedule to remind them who’s boss...

As they see it, they’re fighting (and losing) a culture war against liberalism and feminism. There are no brick-and-mortar churches where adherents gather to pray and paddle.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/19/spanking-for-jesus-inside-the-unholy-world-of-christian-domestic-discipline.html
They are just making up their own non-Orthodox religion.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:29:05 PM by rakovsky » Logged
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)

Holy Father Seraphim, Pray to God for us!

« Reply #531 on: October 13, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »

Brandy Zadrozny
On a pain scale of one to 10, Chelsea ranks the epidural-free birth of her child as a six. Her husband’s spankings? Those are an eight.

When Chelsea gets flummoxed by a question, she asks Clint for guidance in a voice so high-pitched that it belies her 28 years: “Honey, how long does the spanking usually last?” (About 5 minutes, Clint says.)

...Foremost, that the Bible commands a husband to be the head of the household, and the wife must submit to him, in every way, or face painful chastisement.

Some practice “maintenance spanking,” wherein good girls are slapped on a schedule to remind them who’s boss...

As they see it, they’re fighting (and losing) a culture war against liberalism and feminism. There are no brick-and-mortar churches where adherents gather to pray and paddle.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/19/spanking-for-jesus-inside-the-unholy-world-of-christian-domestic-discipline.html
what on earth is wrong with these people?

All my hope I place in you, O Mother of God, keep me under your protection!
Arachne
Protokentarchos

« Reply #532 on: October 13, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »

Brandy Zadrozny

I'll take bog-standard BDSMers over such nuts anyday. At least those believe in explicit consent and safe words.

Jonathan Gress
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« Reply #533 on: October 13, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »

Yesh just said he spanked his daughter. The Pearls and their ilk talk about 5-minute spankings that hurt worse than giving birth. Is that what yesh is doing or is it something much milder?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:41:14 PM by Jonathan Gress » Logged
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

« Reply #534 on: October 13, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »

Yesh just said he spanked his daughter. The Pearls and their ilk talk about 5-minute spankings that hurt worse than giving birth. Is that what yesh is doing or is it something much milder?
In all fairness, the quote I cited about giving birth was not from the Pearls.

However, the Pearls have their own problems. I think they might say to hit kids until they stop crying. That's pretty intense.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #535 on: October 13, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »

The Pearls and their ilk talk about 5-minute spankings that hurt worse than giving birth.

Five minute spankings are barbaric. Such beatings show that the parents are out of control.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #536 on: October 13, 2014, 03:28:12 PM »

Brandy Zadrozny

That is a rather strange way to blend religion and weird sexual fetish.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #537 on: October 13, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »

That statement is reprehensible. Why are you so concerned about (person we don't like at the moment)? Look at your own plate.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

« Reply #538 on: October 13, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »

Brandy Zadrozny

That is a rather strange way to blend religion and weird sexual fetish.
Yes. But spanking has a sexual aspect as biological studies show, although probably people rarely realize that.
sheep100

Faith: EO

« Reply #539 on: October 13, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes"

Proverbs 13:24 KJV
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: