Author Topic: What's it Like Being Alone Forever?  (Read 12006 times)

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
Re: What's it Like Being Alone Forever?
« Reply #360 on: October 06, 2014, 06:50:25 PM »
This has become the un-unofficial Random Postings thread. Let it not be so! Let us not cast aside so easily the hard-won prize our fathers and sisters in the board-faith bestowed upon us!

A lot of threads are unofficial Random Postings threads - what makes this one special?

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #361 on: October 06, 2014, 06:51:18 PM »
This has become the un-unofficial Random Postings thread. Let it not be so! Let us not cast aside so easily the hard-won prize our fathers and sisters in the board-faith bestowed upon us!

A lot of threads are unofficial Random Postings threads - what makes this one special?

people are being extra foolish in it?

I also find it -fantastic- that I haven't posted in the last 2-3 pages of this thread...and even then it was a joke on Arachne's post.

Yet I am somehow the one bothering people.

Its quite clear this board is a place for people to express things like 'playacting God' and all sorts of other stuff, but when people point out that things like that are not Orthodox or heck, even Christian.......it's those folks branded harassers.

fantastic example
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:59:38 PM by DeniseDenise »

Offline wainscottbl

• Before the founder of this forum was, I AM
  • Archon
  • I came, I saw, I posted.
« Reply #362 on: October 06, 2014, 06:57:34 PM »
I will admit I sort of led into the nonsense, but I know others have, too, some of whom may not admit their guilt. The accusers shall always remain innocent, I suppose, even if only in their own righteous eyes.
I don't got one of those scanner thingees to put my John Hancock on here. Here is my Social Security Number though: XXX-XX-XXXX. Just figure out what the Xs mean.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #363 on: October 06, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
I will admit I sort of led into the nonsense, but I know others have, too, some of whom may not admit their guilt. The accusers shall always remain innocent, I suppose, even if only in their own righteous eyes.

Grow up, wainscottbl. Your pretentiousness is getting ridiculous.  :P ::)
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #364 on: October 06, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »

"They made me do it!"

No, they didn't.

Offline wainscottbl

• Before the founder of this forum was, I AM
  • Archon
  • I came, I saw, I posted.
« Reply #365 on: October 06, 2014, 07:14:17 PM »

"They made me do it!"

No, they didn't.

Never said that. To make someone do it is not the same as entrapment. And it's not exactly entrapment. It's sort of likes seduction. The man is not raped, but, you know, the woman is still a harlot. They just like to pretend to be innocent and lay all the blame on the man. Of course I am not talking about women on a whole lest you think that but only a certain kind of woman.
I don't got one of those scanner thingees to put my John Hancock on here. Here is my Social Security Number though: XXX-XX-XXXX. Just figure out what the Xs mean.

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • My icon of St. Olga Nikolaevna
  • Jurisdiction: Alpaca ministries
« Reply #366 on: October 06, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »

"They made me do it!"

No, they didn't.

Never said that. To make someone do it is not the same as entrapment. And it's not exactly entrapment. It's sort of likes seduction. The man is not raped, but, you know, the woman is still a harlot. They just like to pretend to be innocent and lay all the blame on the man. Of course I am not talking about women on a whole lest you think that but only a certain kind of woman.

Stahp.
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. - Proverbs 31:13

This user posts here but probably shouldn't.

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #367 on: October 06, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »
This thread is like sitting in a meeting, letting a wet fart go, then sitting and wondering if anything came out accidentally.
Praise to be kelly the all-benificent for granting me permission to change my sig line.

Obligatory: "It's a mystery! Ask your priest/spiritual father. Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future. Marital fasting."

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #368 on: October 06, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »

"They made me do it!"

No, they didn't.

Disgusting. What is wrong with you?

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #369 on: October 06, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke,
You gotta understand,
It's just our bringin' up-ke
That gets us out of hand.
Our mothers all are junkies,
Our fathers all are drunks.
Golly Moses, natcherly we're punks!

Gee, Officer Krupke, we're very upset;
We never had the love that ev'ry child oughta get.
We ain't no delinquents,
We're misunderstood.
Deep down inside us there is good!

http://youtu.be/j7TT4jnnWys

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Άγιος κέιθ ο Υμνογράφος και Μελωδός, να μας σώσει!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #370 on: October 06, 2014, 11:14:57 PM »
This thread is like sitting in a meeting, letting a wet fart go, then sitting and wondering if anything came out accidentally.

Then your bottom gets mushy and cold; all you can think is "Yes, something did come out accidentally."
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »
wainscottbl I have posted this a couple of time before in this forum (I am sure Ialmisry remembers): Those smiley face things are Satanic. Do not use them. Know one believes them and they cause discord. I have never  used one on this forum for a reason.

For those that do not remember, this is wainscottbl post that restarted this thread after some intervening months. I divided it into two. Red, which I thought the a whole was commendable (yes there is room for complaint, but I am speaking overall). Blue is his smiley face section. The first part was relevant to the topic. The second part was I guess a joke.

I don't like to go into much details about such a personal topic, but sexually also I think that total abstinence and solitude is the only option for me. I'd never be able to commit to one woman and if I did I'd probably end up resenting and hating her in the long run.

Well, you're young so you might find that special girl. The important thing to realise is that it is not all about you. I suppose if you think you cannot give a due amount of time to a wife and children it might not be best to have one. There is this blog you might know, Return of Kings--google it as it is not right to link it here given the controversial content. You may know it. It's a blog for "alpha males" with egos as big as the earth itself. They will likely never be husbands, or if they do end up divorced. Why? They are selfish and seek only to satisfy their own appetites. Women are a means to that end. Nothing more really. Men are superior and women are just something to use and throw away. Love hurts to much so just enjoy the flesh. Don't end up like that. Don't think like that. Be honest about your not wanting women, but don't end up seeing women like the guys on that blog do. It's somewhat popular among natural bachelors. Even I take humour in it from time to time. I have a rather Aristotelian/Shakespearean view of women mixed with some Petrarchian affection of sonnet writing.  Shakespeare is right in his twentieth sonnet. I do not even have homosexual tendencies, but I do have somewhat homosocial ones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosociality

I either romanticize women as an manifestation of the divine or say that Aristotle was write about their natures compared to man. Just don't be a jerk, okay? It's okay to not like women a whole lot and find their tendencies annoying. Don't be too much of a jerk! Remember what it means to be a true Christian husband if you do find that right girl.
I think a good Indian (form India, not Native America) would be good for you.  ;) They are intelligent, come from a culture that instills submissiveness in women--::ducks for cover from the women  ;):::---while at the same time giving them a strong character that is important in a wife. I think you'll figure it out. If you really love her, well....and if you end up single, well you'll be happy.
[/size]

wainscottbl learns a lesson that no one is interested about the on topic, red part of his post.

I think a good Indian (form India, not Native America) would be good for you.  ;) They are intelligent, come from a culture that instills submissiveness in women--::ducks for cover from the women  ;):::---while at the same time giving them a strong character that is important in a wife. I think you'll figure it out.

Oh, you'll figure it out alright...

Mor's comment is about the blue section. And of course, any one that has dealt with Indian women in the USofA will certainly not see the basis of the blue section joke. Anything correctional or conversationally instructive in some other way? No.

I think a good Indian (form India, not Native America) would be good for you.  ;) They are intelligent, come from a culture that instills submissiveness in women--::ducks for cover from the women  ;):::---while at the same time giving them a strong character that is important in a wife. I think you'll figure it out.

I think several posters could do better if they stopped worrying about how they are going to get their future wife to be submissive to them, and instead considered finding a wife that would help them do what God wants them to do in life.

Innocent DeniseDenise also limits herself to the blue section. No clarifying questions are asked. She ignores the evil smiley faces in her response, making wainscottbl possible intentions distorted. Anything about the red section? No. Continued training of wainscottbl to be awful creature she wants him to be? Yes.

I think several posters could do better if they stopped worrying about how they are going to get their future wife to be submissive to them, and instead considered finding a wife that would help them do what God wants them to do in life.

And if God wants them to boss around a woman?

Mor continues to distort the original statement of wainscottbl by again ignoring the smiley faces. Further training of wainscottbl to be their lap dog of ridicule.

And if God wants them to boss around a woman?
then God will provide...;)

More goading by innocent DeniseDenise

There is enough in this thread to keep me going for quite a while in this manner (I think it gets worse once the expected responses comes forth).

Now I would like to explain why I am disturbed. I have no idea how old wainscottbl is, but I read this evening that he might be 14. Please relieve my mind and heart that this is not so. I do not care about how intellectually precocious he is. What is going on is emotional abuse if he is 14.

I hope I am clear, if you have another take I am always willing to be corrected.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2014, 12:39:08 AM »
Now I would like to explain why I am disturbed. I have no idea how old wainscottbl is, but I read this evening that he might be 14. Please relieve my mind and heart that this is not so. I do not care about how intellectually precocious he is. What is going on is emotional abuse if he is 14.

If memory serves, wainscottbl is in his late twenties. I'm happy to be corrected on this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:45:02 AM by LBK »
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2014, 12:40:29 AM »

If memory serves, wainscottbl is in his late twenties.

Considering he just posted a blog about -wine- I certainly hope so.

Offline dzheremi

• No longer posting here.
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2014, 12:54:26 AM »
If memory serves, wainscottbl is in his late twenties.

Considering he just posted a blog about -wine- I certainly hope so.

Considering everything else he's posted, that's depressing.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2014, 12:54:41 AM »
Opus118,

Your continued campaign against the smiley/emoticons makes me very sad! :'(
Can they not have their positive uses? ???
I think so, and try to include them when this seems appropriate :)
Perhaps you are just joking to make a point? ;)
Or a joke? Come now, are you pulling our legs?  :D
Yet I do not think so, and I am confused by your approach on this matter  8)
Now don't tell me that you consider all uses of them to be satanic! >:(
That would just be an impolite thing to say  :police:
Or perhaps just partial satanic influence?  :-X
That would be unfortunate if true!  :-\
I'm sure we can come to some kind of mutual understanding of each other  :angel:
I think well of you, and at the least do not think that you think me satanic  :o
So let's hammer this out and try to figure out where we can agree  :-*
I hope I have not caused further harm with my light hearted post!  :-[
But at least let us find a middle ground of peace, so far as can be managed  ;D
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
The original bleeding heart ♫
That is what thou art ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2014, 01:01:23 AM »

I hope I am clear, if you have another take I am always willing to be corrected.

As posted on November 7 2013

It was not as bad as it seemed, but I guess it was  suprise getting out of bed. I think it is the young ego thing. I always said, "I never get hangovers you old wimps" more or less because I did not. I mostly just woke up stumbling and a bit goofy.

As for stopping, I used to be Mormon and never drank until I was 19, after my conversion to Catholicism. My first time being drunk was in the French Quarter of New Orleans after Katrina the year I graduated high school. They did not card me and we even got stopped walking by the cops. We were worried about getting arrested for public intoxication, but the cops were real nice. The Mexican cop took one look at a companion, a Mexican, who was wasted on tequilla and said he was a shame to Mexicans for not handling his tequlla and told us to stay safe. But I stopped for about a year last year because of my health--epilepsy. But I have been drinking wine mostly for the past year or so. I drank pretty heavy when I was in my early twenties, but even though I am only 27 now I drink now more for relaxation in the evening and enjoying good wine with food or pleasure. I was going to get a quart of scotch or something last night to watch a good action movie last night but decided on vodka. The movie was "Gangster Squad", a rather good popcorn and booze movie I ended up watching this evening instead. Now time to go watch the hottie Piper Perabo on DVR. I am not sure how accurate Covert Affairs is, but I think it is entertaining, has a fun story line, and for most guys is eye candy. Watching a cute blonde kick butt is rather good.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2014, 01:04:12 AM »
Thanks for the accusations btw.  

for what its worth, you might want to work on your over reactionary tendencies and pay attention to the -words- people say

I've degressed to the under 14 now as my present avatar indicates.

de·gres·sion  (d-grshn, d-)
n.
A descent by stages or steps.
[Middle English, from Medieval Latin dgressi, dgressin-, descent, from Latin dgressus, past participle of dgred, to step down : d-, de- + grad, to step; see ghredh- in Indo-European roots.]

I know its hard....because he really meant -regressed-   but follow along.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:11:09 AM by DeniseDenise »

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2014, 01:36:03 AM »
Thread locked pending moderator review
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
  • Lugia stares deep into the depths of your soul
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Indianapolis
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »
Indeed, but verily, verily I say unto you that in the past you took pleasure at Orthnorm paying attention to you, but now you shall take pleasure in my paying attention. For before Orthnorm was, I AM.

Who was before you?   ???

Unto Moses I gave my name, I AM that I AM. I was with the Son forever and begot him for all eternity. I was with the Spirit forever and he has proceeded from me from all eternity. Let he who has wisdom understand therefore, for I AM the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. I am Yahweh, the God of Abraham, the God of Issac, the God of Jacob, the God of Moses and all the prophets. I AM.

I didn't know you were God.

To God Be the Glory!