OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 03:52:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are these the successors of "Rennovationists" or "Living Church"?  (Read 734 times) Average Rating: 0
Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« on: February 15, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »

Hello

I came across this site:

http://www.rapc.ru/

I can't understant Russian but I used a translator, it seems to me that these people are the successors of the Rennovationist Church or Living Church, am I right?

How did they get the episcopacy?

Thanks.
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:12:09 AM »

Their episcopacy is from an Orthodox "Ukrainian Church"

Their description says their spiritual roots are in the catacomb church that "rejected cooperating with godless communist powers and was harshly driven in the course of tens of years. On the other hand, the Apostle Orthodox Church recognizes the positive experience of so called Renovationiat movement of the 1920s for reforming Orthodoxy, but categorically rejects its incorrect beliefs..."
http://rapc.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=29

So basically it's a confused vagante group.
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 01:24:31 AM »

the Apostle Orthodox Church recognizes the positive experience of so called Renovationist movement of the 1920s for reforming Orthodoxy, but categorically rejects its incorrect beliefs..."

Now THERE'S a paradox if ever I saw one!  Tongue laugh laugh These folks wouldn't know their posterior from their elbow, I'm sorry to say. They obviously don't know their history, nor have had any contact with folks who lived through the renovationist period in Russia. I do, on both counts.

And, the stance of this "church", nay, sect, is a grave insult to the many thousands of New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia, both known and unknown to us.

Lord, have mercy.
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 01:52:28 AM »

I don't think the church's stance has to be an insult to anyone, but this vagante group is obviously confused. LOL.

By the way, maybe you can say a few things about the Renovationist period.

Regards.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:53:45 AM by rakovsky » Logged
Tags: Living Church Renovationists 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: