Author Topic: Looking to do some interviews for a college course.  (Read 1290 times)

Offline notto

Looking to do some interviews for a college course.
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:48:44 AM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Nathan and I go to a small Christian college in Oregon. I'm in a class called Christian Foundations which is about exploring church history and different denominational traditions.

My classmate and I are studying Orthodoxy in particular, and one of the course assignments requires that we interview one clergy member and two lay members.

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum might have the time or the inclination to be interviewed briefly by email?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you,

Nathan (also if I have posted this thread in the wrong area I apologize!)

Offline HandmaidenofGod

• Archon
  • O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!
Re: Looking to do some interviews for a college course.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:03:26 AM »
Hi Nathan!

Welcome to OC.net!

What I would suggest you do is go to http://orthodoxyinamerica.org/ and click on "Church Locator." Try contacting the priest at a local parish near your college this way you can interview him in person and he can give you a tour of the Church. You will gain much more this way, and it will be a "hands on" learning experience.

God bless!

Maureen
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11

Offline notto

Re: Looking to do some interviews for a college course.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:07 AM »
Thank you for the link and suggestion. I actually have been in contact with a local church, but things don't seem to be working out for interviews given the time/transportation constraints I have. I my still pursue this route though.

Thank you again.