OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 02:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music of the Divine Liturgy in English  (Read 937 times) Average Rating: 0
Mark of Ephesus
Defender of Orthodoxy

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR/MP

« on: February 09, 2009, 11:07:52 AM »

I have a spouse who I am praying for daily, for her conversion to Orthodoxy, and I was wondering if anyone had a link to music that is in English?  Preferably in the Russian style, if possible.

Thanks!

Suddenly the Judge shall come, and the deeds of each shall be revealed, but with fear we cry out in the middle of the night, Holy, Holy, Holy art thou o God, Thru the prayers of the Theotokos have mercy on us and save us!
SakranMM
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »

Hi Mark:

Go to www.oca.org and check out their music page (off the main menu); there are arrangements of Russian-style music in English.

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."
Mark of Ephesus
Defender of Orthodoxy

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR/MP

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:37:43 PM »

Hi Mark:

Go to www.oca.org and check out their music page (off the main menu); there are arrangements of Russian-style music in English.
[/quote

Thank you! Smiley

Suddenly the Judge shall come, and the deeds of each shall be revealed, but with fear we cry out in the middle of the night, Holy, Holy, Holy art thou o God, Thru the prayers of the Theotokos have mercy on us and save us!
Tags: music liturgical music 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: