OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 02:06:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriarch Bartholomew is ready to accept the Pope's primacy  (Read 29225 times) Average Rating: 0
Mark of Ephesus
Defender of Orthodoxy

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR/MP

« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2009, 10:04:28 AM »

I am totally opposed to reunion.  I doubt if Serbia would go that way. They are too close to Russians, and his Holiness, Patriarch Kirill is not about to join with Rome.

This is all such buffalo cakes.  You should be praying for Rome to return to Orthodoxy, and that this would be the means of reunion.  But it seems as if you are so full of hate for Roman Catholics that you cannot see straight.  I am not saying that the pure Orthodox faith should compromise on a single thing.  But all Orthodox Christians should seek to restore communion with Rome if Rome will recant of her wrongs.

By the way, Rome's repentance is the only way that communion will be restored.  If some other false union is devised, then all the of the Church will oppose it.  But your paranoia and your forgone conclusions make me sick.  Probably about as sick as you feel when you look at a Catholic...

Edited for language.

-- Nebelpfade

I think you are mistaken. reunion with Rome is fine once they recant, and are recieved back into the Church.  I certainly don't hate RC's, You are mistaking me for somebody else.

Suddenly the Judge shall come, and the deeds of each shall be revealed, but with fear we cry out in the middle of the night, Holy, Holy, Holy art thou o God, Thru the prayers of the Theotokos have mercy on us and save us!
Mark of Ephesus
Defender of Orthodoxy

« Reply #271 on: February 05, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »

He's not my Patriarch...and thank God i don't have to follow him...If patriarch Pavle was to seek reunion with rome i would reject him also,,,and join one that's against rome and any type of reunion.....

I am totally opposed to reunion.  I doubt if Serbia would go that way. They are too close to Russians, and his Holiness, Patriarch Kirill is not about to join with Rome.

I'll be fine. Smiley  Thanks for the warning anyway! Smiley

Do yourself a favour and step away from this thread. Wink

I second that motion.

Suddenly the Judge shall come, and the deeds of each shall be revealed, but with fear we cry out in the middle of the night, Holy, Holy, Holy art thou o God, Thru the prayers of the Theotokos have mercy on us and save us!
AlexanderOfBergamo
High Elder

Faith: Traditionalist Christian
Jurisdiction: The Original First Millennium Church

« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »

Hi all,
I was surprised of the tones this thread is reaching... since I hoped the Orthodox wouldn't even question about the necessity to defend one's faith.
I really find myself in agreement with what Mark of Ephesus and stashko said on this thread. I'm leaving the RCC because I believe in its heresy. We should keep in mind the concept that heretics are heretics: we should'nt "discuss" with them, we should "convert" them! We don't have to ask the Pope for reunion, but for conversion BACK to Orthodoxy. A reunion without a substantial return to the faith AND praxis of the first millennium would be uniatism with an heretic and a spontaneous submission to the Beast.
A "dialogue" with heretic would mean the possibility that Catholicism is still a part of the Church. I don't subscribe the idea that we are "separate brethren". The Church is one, indivisible, and survived only in the Orthodox Church. RCs violated lots of canons from the first seven Ecumenical Councils, so they are outside of the Church. If their sacraments preserve some validity (which I'm not even questioning at all) it's by divine oikonomia, and not because these rites are celebrated within the true Church.
I make my compliments to Mark of Ephesus: you surely demonstrate no compromises in faith, exactly as the holy bishop who opposed to the weakness of the Greeks at the Council of Florence.

Peace be to all of you. Let's pray that the future Pope is going to restore a TRUE unity (and thus conversion), since I don't think Benedict XVI is trying to unify the Church by love of Tradition and Orthodoxy... otherwise all those words on the imperfection of the Orthodox faith and sacraments administered outside of the (Catholic) Church would have never been said.

In Christ,   Alex
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:19:28 AM by AlexanderOfBergamo » Logged

"Also in the Catholic Church itself we take great care that we hold that which has been believed everywhere, always, by all. For that is truly and properly Catholic" (St. Vincent of Lérins, "The Commonitory")
Mark of Ephesus
Defender of Orthodoxy

« Reply #273 on: February 05, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

Thanks, Brother:

Like you, I am a convert. I chose Orthodoxy 15 years ago, and I have never wavered in my convictions that this is the one true faith, handed down from the Apostles.  I have seen first hand, examples of what happens when liberalism begins to infect a church. Look at the Episcopalians for example. They are disintegrating before our eyes!    Smiley 

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2009, 10:49:48 AM »

I suspect ozgeorge is really Gregory House, M.D.  Or wants to be like him.  Wink
Who is that?

My hero.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2009, 11:09:08 AM »

This thread has gotten ugly and has reached the point where it is more spiritually harmful rather than helpful (though, I doubt it really started off as spiritually helpful).  It was a resurrected after being quiet for some time, and it really should have died back then (no offence to our new poster, of course).  Therefore, I am locking this thread.

-- Nebelpfade

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags: celibacy ecclesiology ecumenism latinization Eastern Catholic dead horse cheval mort satan's synagoge  Primacy 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: