OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 07:23:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Way to Nicaea  (Read 991 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: September 28, 2003, 04:14:23 PM »

Anyone read The Way to Nicaea by Fr John Behr?  I am finding it to be quite a hard read but quite worthwhile.  Here are the chapters I have read so far:

1: The Tradition and Canon of the Gospel according to the Scriptures
2: The Scriptural Christ
3: St Ignatius of Antioch

Five more to go after that!  I'll post some of my notes later.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 08:52:34 PM »

Anastasios, did you like this book?  I am thinking of buying it when I can afford to buy another book.  I really enjoyed his programs on the 7 Ecumenical Councils on "Come Receive the Light".
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:34:17 AM »

I'll post some of my notes later.

Ok, I've checked in with this thread at least once a week for nearly 10 years now, and I'm starting to think you aren't going to post these notes...  Huh

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »

Grin
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »

Over the last few months I've listened to 8-10 talks given by Fr. John Behr and I've really enjoyed them. Every once in a while he says something that seems to be quite disputable, but in general I find his way of looking at things to be a huge breath of fresh air. There are about a half dozen people who give me hope that this Christianity thing will somehow work out for me, and he's one of them. I think I still have his Male, Female, and the Human Person (Part 1, Part 2) on my Mp3 player, even though I've probably listened to it a half dozen times by now.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Tags: Fr. Behr 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: