Author Topic: OCnet Quotable Quotes  (Read 365077 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
Re: OCnet Quotable Quotes
« Reply #810 on: June 08, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
In an interview with a woman I really don't like called Joy Behar...
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #811 on: June 10, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »
And frankly, your view of gender and transgendered people is disgusting, simple-minded, and materialistic.

I'm an elephant. Everyone who disagrees with me because I don't have elephant dna or tusks are disgusting, simple-minded and materialistic.

Tomorrow I'll be a cheetah, I think. No bigot can stop me.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #812 on: June 10, 2014, 06:21:42 PM »
Can you imagine the rumspringa that Yesh's daughters are going to have when they leave home? We will probably hear his howls of anguish all around the globe.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #813 on: June 11, 2014, 10:27:32 AM »
Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #814 on: June 12, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
You just do not see enough chastising with scorpions nowadays.....
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #815 on: June 13, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:21:31 PM by Alpo »
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #816 on: June 14, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
I found this gem (copied and pasted from a meme going around at the time) in an otherwise trainwreck of a thread. Enjoy!

!!! BREAD IS DANGEROUS !!!

Research on bread indicates that:

1. More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread users.

2. Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households score below average on standardized tests.

3. In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home, the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as typhoid, yellow fever, and influenza ravaged whole nations.

4. More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread.

5. Bread is made from a substance called "dough." It has been proven that as little as one pound of dough can be used to suffocate a mouse. The average American eats more bread than that in one month!

6. Primitive tribal societies that have no bread exhibit a low incidence of cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease, and osteoporosis.

7. Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and given only water to eat begged for bread after as little as two days.

8. Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to "harder" items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter, and even cold cuts.

9. Bread has been proven to absorb water. Since the human body is more than 90 percent water, it follows that eating bread could lead to your body being taken over by this absorptive food product, turning you into a soggy, gooey bread-pudding person.

10. Newborn babies can choke on bread.

11. Bread is baked at temperatures as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit! That kind of heat can kill an adult in less than one minute.

12. Most American bread eaters are utterly unable to distinguish between significant scientific fact and meaningless statistical babbling.

In light of these frightening statistics, it has been proposed that the following bread restrictions be made:

1. No sale of bread to minors.

2. A nationwide "Just Say No To Toast" campaign, complete celebrity TV spots and bumper stickers.

3. A 300 percent federal tax on all bread to pay for all the societal ills we might associate with bread.

4. No animal or human images, nor any primary colors (which may appeal to children) may be used to promote bread usage.

5. The establishment of "Bread-free" zones around schools.
Facts unloading, please to wait

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #817 on: June 15, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »
The girl I just let into my building...

Girls with round, bearded faces are not my type. 
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #818 on: June 17, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
I'm sorry, but I belong to the Body of Christ and not some perverted sex cult.  

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #819 on: June 18, 2014, 06:35:24 AM »
Two from the same thread:
Just imagine a bunch of Irish people who've gotten hooked on Bulgarian inspired American Polka music, decide to become Orthodox, identify as some kind of quasi-Bulgarian, fight and argue over who is "really a Bulgarian" and constantly talk down to Bulgarians about their own history and identity, and who can play Bulgarian American Polka music, and you'll sum up a bunch of recent threads including this one.

I'm shocked that on my first day back to this forum in months I find two people who seemed to be level headed believe in a 2nd black Jesus.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #820 on: June 18, 2014, 09:56:58 AM »
I didn't see anything in those writings that says that even if I give alms, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, read the scriptures, pray and sing praises to God, if I have a hamburger and then hose my wife on Wednesday I am going to Hell.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #821 on: June 18, 2014, 02:14:31 PM »
Just imagine a bunch of Irish people who've gotten hooked on Bulgarian inspired American Polka music, decide to become Orthodox, identify as some kind of quasi-Bulgarian, fight and argue over who is "really a Bulgarian" and constantly talk down to Bulgarians about their own history and identity, and who can play Bulgarian American Polka music, and you'll sum up a bunch of recent threads including this one.

At first I thought -- with reason -- this was talking about us converts to Orthodoxy.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #822 on: June 18, 2014, 09:48:49 PM »

At first I thought -- with reason -- this was talking about us converts to Orthodoxy.

Out of context, that is a reasonable assumption.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #823 on: June 25, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
Everytime I purchase clothing, I assume that it is made in a sweat shop. I don't have enough money or time to research where or how to buy fair wage clothing, organic dishwashing detergent, anti-abortion toilets, pro-pacifist cell phones and whatever the heck else the cause-of-the-week might be.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #824 on: June 25, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »
Everytime I purchase clothing, I assume that it is made in a sweat shop. I don't have enough money or time to research where or how to buy fair wage clothing, organic dishwashing detergent, anti-abortion toilets, pro-pacifist cell phones and whatever the heck else the cause-of-the-week might be.

This is so true. I would like to buy more organic food, for instance, but it is usually so much more expensive and I haven't nagged a rich husband yet, so...
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #825 on: June 25, 2014, 03:45:11 PM »

This is so true. I would like to buy more organic food, for instance, but it is usually so much more expensive and I haven't nagged a rich husband yet, so...

You can buy second hand. Also, when you buy new clothes make sure you buy something you can wear at least next five years.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #826 on: June 25, 2014, 05:42:26 PM »
Some may say, "God does not send us to Hell, we do that to ourselves". Well, let me tell you, my door is locked for your protection, not mine.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #827 on: June 25, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »

Just nag the poor one.  Chances are, enough nagging and he'll get a second job.

;)
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #828 on: June 25, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »

I find this oddly sweet. The little guy is all tuckered out.

If you had your ear next to the beating heart of Jesus, listening to theology pour out of it, there'd only be so much you could handle. 
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #829 on: June 25, 2014, 09:05:48 PM »
You may understand farm stuff, but you don't understand evolutionary theory.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #830 on: June 26, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »

It takes only the true Bible based teachings from the Catholic Church. Also it takes only the true Bible based teachings from Protestantism. ...

Whoa, whoa. Grab the reins, there, sparky.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #831 on: June 26, 2014, 02:33:34 AM »
I don't know whether to laugh, be horrified, or be offended by this - pretty much sums up my entire experience on OC.net, now that I think about it.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2014, 02:33:54 AM »
Finding such comments is so useful to new forum members.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #833 on: June 26, 2014, 01:46:49 PM »
At present we welter in the latter under pretense of the former, but that may be neither here nor there.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #834 on: June 26, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
I'm not trying to say that there is something wrong in principle with married couples observing abstinence from time to time. It's in the words of St Paul, not to mention several Fathers who otherwise taught clearly that marriage was honorable, including sex within marriage, like St John Chrysostom. What I'm concerned about is the kind of legalism that says, for example, that married couples are necessarily sinning if they have sex on any fast day. The fact is authorities differ on whether, e.g. all fast days are days of marital abstinence or just certain fasting periods. Fr Alexander Lebedeff wrote a good letter about this. And one must always consider individual circumstances, e.g. if a couple have been separated for a long time, e.g. the husband was deployed on military service, and they just got together but it happens to be Great Lent, it seems unnecessarily cruel to demand they wait until after St Thomas Sunday.

You have to take age into account also.  A very wise person once told me (my middle son) that he was told by a very wise person (a fellow diesel mechanic) that when you are over 50, you should never waste a woody and never trust a fart.
(emphasis mine)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:26:13 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #835 on: June 27, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »
See? Even a nice straight boy like Liberace wears pink.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #836 on: June 27, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »
You will learn that sometimes Marc has a tendency to get confused and think that Isaiah 53 was talking about Metropolitan Jonah.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #837 on: June 27, 2014, 11:12:03 PM »
That part with the girl cutting herself moved me more than I expected. I had a friend once who I suspected was cutting herself. She didn't talk to me for almost a year after I told her family  :(

You have a way with the ladies.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #838 on: June 28, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »
That part with the girl cutting herself moved me more than I expected. I had a friend once who I suspected was cutting herself. She didn't talk to me for almost a year after I told her family  :(

You have a way with the ladies.

Kelly, you beat me to it.  :laugh:
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • What about frogs? I like frogs!
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #839 on: June 28, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »
You probably believe this way because you read the Bible.  Genesis 1:27-28 make that clear.  Unless Adam was supposed to lay next to Eve, have a wet dream and let the flies do the rest, they were having sex.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #840 on: June 28, 2014, 05:57:27 PM »
If it makes you feel good, I'd pay 3 goats and a half-used can of snus White portion for you. Maybe I'd throw in my brother if you could teach me to tie a full windsor knot when I get ready for Church on Sunday mornings.

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #841 on: July 01, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,59041.msg1148607.html#msg1148607

They couldn't keep it in their pants for one night?  What kind of sex maniacs are these Greeks?
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #842 on: July 05, 2014, 12:04:11 PM »
Well, since I wasn't making a logical argument, I don't really care.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #843 on: July 05, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
Forget about equality, just stop talking smack about women all the time.
It's the way that the little boys hiding behind their beards on this forum compensate for the fact they're afraid of women.

It ain't right, it just is.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #844 on: July 06, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
I would never invite the Pope of Rome to participate in a joint prayer service at my icon corner, lest him praying with me render me heretical, and then by praying with my bishop I render the bishop heretical, and then my bishop praying with the Patriarch render him heretical, and on and on, so that within a few days the entirety of Orthodoxy would collapse.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #845 on: July 06, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »
I would never invite the Pope of Rome to participate in a joint prayer service at my icon corner, lest him praying with me render me heretical, and then by praying with my bishop I render the bishop heretical, and then my bishop praying with the Patriarch render him heretical, and on and on, so that within a few days the entirety of Orthodoxy would collapse.

How did I miss that?  LOL.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #846 on: July 06, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »

LOL!!!  ;D

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #847 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »
This thread has completely devolved from its original purpose.  ::)

That's Charles Martel. 

Next: Jews.
Why's it always come down to jooz with you Mor?

Are you obsessed with them?

Oh Charles.  You're the reason why the Caliphate should rule the world and destroy the US. 

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
  • A non-Chalcedonian in Chalcedonian clothing.
« Reply #848 on: July 07, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »

That is just great. :laugh:

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #849 on: July 08, 2014, 07:49:16 PM »
Most of what we discuss on here has no ultimate point.

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #850 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »
I often get you and JamesR confused.  I think it is the very similar posting styles.  ;)

That is a level of cruelty that causes my Nazi ancestors to weep in their graves.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #851 on: July 10, 2014, 01:52:57 AM »
Granted, if you were my son, I would have already shot you.  However, it would not been out of hatred, it would have been as a public service. 

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #852 on: July 11, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »
Guilt isn't a natural feeling.

Aren't you the one toting around the idea that "everything that happens in nature is natural"?  Or is that only when talking about masturbation, fornication, drugs, tobacco, guns, etc.?

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #853 on: July 11, 2014, 07:41:11 PM »
So what is the prize here?

Candlelit dinner with Kelly. Weren't you informed?

Oh God, don't let James win...  :o

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • Please forgive the embarrasing avatar mishap.
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #854 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »
As for the poll, I voted no as I agree with Kh. Frederica that it is hard to consider this possibility on the face of 2,000 years of continuous Tradition of male priesthood. I am open to change but I do not think that anything would be convincing short of the Lord or His angels directing us to change.

Even then, we would be told not to trust in visions, that they could be delusions, Satan can appear as an angel of light, etc.  ;)
OK, Thomas...

<--  He is our father.  :)
Quote from: Nun M.
The dread Pantocrator...is also "Christouli mou", (my little Christ), who really listens when you run in to your neighborhood church on the way to work to cry and light a candle because your daughter is in trouble at school. The untouchable and all-holy Mother of God is also "Panayitsa mou", who really will take your part before the court of heaven because, just like your own mom, she’ll always stick up for her children, no matter how badly they’ve behaved.