Was listening to a counter-terrorism expert today, talking about how to deal with a potential suicide bomber:
1) Wear eye protection in public. Lots of people have been blinded by bombs (mostly from broken glass).
2) If you hear "Allahu Akbar," that's indicator that something is about to go 'bang.' Lie flat on the ground. Suicide bomb vests and belts tend to go off at waist level.
3) Once the bomb goes off, immediately get out of the area. Bombers tend to work in groups, with hope they can catch First Responders. Get at least a block away... running.
4) Park far from the entrance of where you are going, near the parking lot exit, with the nose of your car facing out (if possible). You might have a chance to get to your car and drive. But, if you can't get out almost immediately, don't get stuck in a traffic jam. Come back for the car later.
5) If someone in your group is injured, move them out of the area. We are usually told not to move the injured, but that's what bombers hope for. They want to catch medical personnel tending the wounded. Evacuate and get help far away from the bomb. Chances are that ambulances will be coming from all directions. Flag one of those down.
6) Keep medical supplies in your car anyhow. A bug-out bag is best just in case you can't make it home right away.
7) There are no such things as 'hostages' anymore. If you are being kept in an area by a terrorist, he is likely preparing to kill everyone together. You might as well take the risk and run.