Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 7101851 times)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #28935 on: Yesterday at 01:39:52 PM »
(HUMS ELEVATOR MUSIC) ::)
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #28936 on: Yesterday at 02:12:13 PM »
At one time I had hoped that Mor Ephrem would leap frog me

Who among us hasn't, sugar?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:12:40 PM by Volnutt »
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Ainnir

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #28937 on: Yesterday at 02:27:12 PM »
There are so many things I'm glad I don't know.  This also shows whose minds are in the gutter and whose aren't...
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28938 on: Yesterday at 02:32:28 PM »
There are so many things I'm glad I don't know.  This also shows whose minds are in the gutter and whose aren't...

I'm sorry.

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • St. Joseph of Petrograd pray to God for us!
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
« Reply #28939 on: Yesterday at 02:35:17 PM »
Teacher: You better Have that essay in by tomorrow!
Me: Don't worry, I'll have it in quicker than Livenotonevil can change his profile image.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:35:36 PM by Jackson02 »
IC XC
NI KA

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #28940 on: Yesterday at 02:42:21 PM »
Teacher: You better Have that essay in by tomorrow!
Me: Don't worry, I'll have it in quicker than Livenotonevil can change his profile image.

OFFFFFFFFFFFFFT THAT IS A GOOD ONE!
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #28941 on: Yesterday at 09:54:57 PM »
Met my second cousin's stepdaughter yesterday, at a first sight I thought she looked particularly Russian or Ukrainian. We started to talk and she commented she was going to look for Polish citizenship due to ancestry, but curiously couldn't find many ocurrences of her surname online. After she told me her grandfather lost his home after World War II, Operation Vistula came to mind, so I simply googled her surname in the Cyrillic alphabet and found out it was actually Ukrainian.

I thought she looked nice, smart and religious so I might "invest" on her. Then I found out she's fourteen (I swear she looks pretty older than that). My family kept telling we should get together anyway, but I guess that's the kind of stuff younger people tend to be more conservative about, lol.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28942 on: Yesterday at 10:02:54 PM »
Met my second cousin's stepdaughter yesterday, at a first sight I thought she looked particularly Russian or Ukrainian. We started to talk and she commented she was going to look for Polish citizenship due to ancestry, but curiously couldn't find many ocurrences of her surname online. After she told me her grandfather lost his home after World War II, Operation Vistula came to mind, so I simply googled her surname in the Cyrillic alphabet and found out it was actually Ukrainian.

I thought she looked nice, smart and religious so I might "invest" on her. Then I found out she's fourteen (I swear she looks pretty older than that). My family kept telling we should get together anyway, but I guess that's the kind of stuff younger people tend to be more conservative about, lol.

How liberal are Brazil's Romeo and Juliet laws?

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #28943 on: Yesterday at 10:12:58 PM »
People are considered capable of sexual discernment when they turn 14, so it's prima facie perfectly legal from that point, but "rape of vulnerable person" in absolute presumption before it. This works not only for the sake of legal sexual relationships, but also for other kinds of sexual crimes.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28944 on: Yesterday at 10:28:31 PM »
People are considered capable of sexual discernment when they turn 14, so it's prima facie perfectly legal from that point, but "rape of vulnerable person" in absolute presumption before it. This works not only for the sake of legal sexual relationships, but also for other kinds of sexual crimes.

Ah.