OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 08:39:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 63920 times) Average Rating: 3
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2295 on: September 05, 2014, 01:57:01 AM »

Don't date ****** (inappropriate word for black people), they'll probably end up robbing you.

Racism is a sickness, and this kind of talk is truly anti-Christian and vile. Please try to work to do a better job at controlling your own posting behavior. Such disgusting attitudes and 'advice' as displayed here are unacceptable. Please pray and seek spiritual counsel, lest you further wound the confession you claim in the eyes of others (who are, in case you have forgotten, created equal to you and equally beloved children of God), and your own soul by harboring such hatred and bigotry.

+1

Amen!

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
Chiere
Resident nerd of OC.net
Moderated

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Indianapolis

Thank you for the fun times, OC.net

« Reply #2296 on: September 07, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »

I'm not sure what to say right now, except that I am very sorry for what I said about black people yesterday. It was rude, insulting, and totally untrue. I'm not even sure why I said that. I will be more artful of what I say and the words I use. That's all I can think of to say right now.

Countdown to my oblation as an Oblate of St. Benedict:

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #2297 on: October 06, 2014, 11:04:08 PM »

From a comedic tome (I found on my dad's bookshelf), written by an ex-Roman Catholic priest-turned-Protestant:

Best of all is for Protestant ministers to preach without ceasing to their people:  "Do not marry a Catholic.Do not permit yourself to fall in love with a Catholic, for love is unreasoning and lures its victims into thinking that they are exceptions to all rules and experiences.  Fear of the threats of the Church is greater than the love which a Roman Catholic girl or boy may profess for you.  This fear will win out in the end and rob you of your love and happiness as well as the eternal salvation of yourself and your unborn children. [author's emphasis]

Lehmann, L. H. "The Problems of Mixed Marriages." Out of the Labyrinth. Chino, CA: Chick Publications, 1982. 202. Print.

There you have it, folks.  If you marry a Roman Catholic, or even think of dating them, you're going to hell.

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2298 on: October 06, 2014, 11:13:47 PM »

How can your eternal salvation be robbed if you are part of the elect and predestined to be saved? Also, what are you supposed to do if you are predestined by God the marry a Catholic?  The plot thickens.  I think a Chick tract is needed to sort all this out.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #2299 on: October 07, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »

How can your eternal salvation be robbed if you are part of the elect and predestined to be saved? Also, what are you supposed to do if you are predestined by God the marry a Catholic?  The plot thickens.  I think a Chick tract is needed to sort all this out.

Should have paid attention at the Chick seminar.

Chiere
Resident nerd of OC.net
Moderated

« Reply #2300 on: October 09, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »

The Chick seminar...is that where they show you where to find the prettiest girls? LOL.

rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #2301 on: October 15, 2014, 01:21:32 PM »

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #2302 on: October 15, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »

The Chick seminar...is that where they show you where to find the prettiest girls? LOL.

Only Babylonian whores.

Chiere
Resident nerd of OC.net
Moderated

« Reply #2303 on: October 20, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »

Only Babylonian whores.

Well, I'm not that desperate for sex, so I don't think I'll be checking those out.

Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: