Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 1526201 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #7515 on: October 31, 2017, 06:55:47 PM »
Sources: Bengals QB A.J. McCarron nearly traded to Browns

The Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns failed to work out a trade that would have sent quarterback AJ McCarron to Cleveland, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

According to Schefter, the Bengals notified the league of the proposed trade at 3:55 p.m. ET, and the Browns notified the league shortly after 4 p.m. ET. Because the Browns were late, the league denied the trade. Cleveland protested with the league asking that the trade be approved. The NFL rejected the Browns protest...

Do you even sports administrate bro?

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #7516 on: November 01, 2017, 10:25:21 PM »
If they were going to call up Kershaw anyway,  why not just mane him starting pitcher and porch 60 or whatever pitches? 
Holy Toledo!

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #7517 on: November 01, 2017, 10:41:01 PM »
If they were going to call up Kershaw anyway,  why not just mane him starting pitcher and porch 60 or whatever pitches?

Non idiot version:

If Kershaw was going to pitch,  why not just have him start?  Have him pitch his 60 pitches and switch out after that?
Holy Toledo!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #7518 on: November 04, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »
If instant replay is going to be a thing in football, why don't they put cameras right on the goal line rather than 10 yards past the line so that the replays are showing the play at an angle rather than straight on?

Also, watching the Penn St./Michigan St. game, which started at 12pm, and now at 6:20pm the fourth quarter just started  :laugh:

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #7519 on: November 05, 2017, 12:49:08 AM »
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/4/16607734/army-offense-wins-without-throwing-a-pass

No passes thrown by army in the army airforce game.  Kind of nutty.  I like watching those service academies because of those option formations, but 0 passes is kind of crazy even for an option run team
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:51:11 AM by William T »
Holy Toledo!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #7520 on: November 05, 2017, 12:58:40 AM »
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/4/16607734/army-offense-wins-without-throwing-a-pass

No passes thrown by army in the army airforce game.  Kind of nutty.  I like watching those service academies because of those option formations, but 0 passes is kind of crazy even for an option run team

IMO it's wise to focus on the boots on the ground in a case like this, in which the air force will have a distinct tactical advantage in the skies.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #7521 on: November 05, 2017, 01:01:24 AM »

IMO it's wise to focus on the boots on the ground in a case like this, in which the air force will have a distinct tactical advantage in the skies.

my mind is blown
Holy Toledo!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #7522 on: Yesterday at 11:14:25 PM »
That Gordon Hayward injury though... you could actually hear his leg snap  :(

The Nick Fitzgerald injury may have been worse.  :-\

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #7523 on: Today at 05:10:36 AM »
That Gordon Hayward injury though... you could actually hear his leg snap  :(

The Nick Fitzgerald injury may have been worse.  :-\

That was really sad. And boy did Ole Miss disgrace themselves last night. You would think that a program reeling from so much scandal would try to focus on demonstrating character and class. But nope. I mean, when your players and fans make Auburn look classy in comparison, then you're really hitting the bottom of the barrel. I had no dog in the Egg Bowl hunt, but Miss State sure looked like the true winners in my book.

Now let's get ready for the Iron Bowl Sat night! I confess that I'm really nervous about this one.

Selam
« Last Edit: Today at 05:10:54 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx