OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 02:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My house is angry my husband is gone  (Read 2458 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: January 27, 2009, 12:10:40 AM »

Or at least that is the theory that I have.

Last night my kitchen cabinet sink flooded and the wax ring on my toilet failed. I had to go buy a new faucet and call a plumber. I talked to my husband about it (thankfully he called last night so I could get his opinion) and he wanted me to get a plumber since lifting toilets is not really recommended in your second trimester of pregnancy. I wanted to do them both myself and save us the $550+ to have a plumber do it (Not to mention the mint I had to pay for a decent faucet and I also have to have some supply valves replaced because of poor planning on the part of the builders) but I have been forbidden to do so by my husband.  They can't do it until Wed. so until then I am without an upstairs toilet and a kitchen sink.

(I likely could have gotten a lower bid, but having untold number of people tramping thru my house to give me estimates was too exhausting to contemplate)

My patience is extremely low, and I know my attitude could use a vast improvement. I haven't been able to follow my prayer rule (cleaning up large leaks regularly, running around with the kids and stores, 19 month old keeps me up all night with growth spurt cluster feeding...) and I know that makes all this seem much worse. Please pray that I can see the humor in this and have a good attitude, be patient and not lose my hormonal mind.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:12:39 AM by Quinault » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:15:35 AM »

May the Lord have mercy on you as you support your husband in his work to defend our country.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Moderated
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:31:23 AM »

Or at least that is the theory that I have.

Last night my kitchen cabinet sink flooded and the wax ring on my toilet failed. I had to go buy a new faucet and call a plumber. I talked to my husband about it (thankfully he called last night so I could get his opinion) and he wanted me to get a plumber since lifting toilets is not really recommended in your second trimester of pregnancy. I wanted to do them both myself and save us the $550+ to have a plumber do it (Not to mention the mint I had to pay for a decent faucet and I also have to have some supply valves replaced because of poor planning on the part of the builders) but I have been forbidden to do so by my husband.  They can't do it until Wed. so until then I am without an upstairs toilet and a kitchen sink.

(I likely could have gotten a lower bid, but having untold number of people tramping thru my house to give me estimates was too exhausting to contemplate)

My patience is extremely low, and I know my attitude could use a vast improvement. I haven't been able to follow my prayer rule (cleaning up large leaks regularly, running around with the kids and stores, 19 month old keeps me up all night with growth spurt cluster feeding...) and I know that makes all this seem much worse. Please pray that I can see the humor in this and have a good attitude, be patient and not lose my hormonal mind.

Satan hates a happy home: it makes no room for him.  He's the problem, not the house.  He sows discord, after all that's how he got his title the "devil" (Greek "pulls apart").  Might explain his (your husband, that is) back problems.

For what it's worth, I'm on the same page with your husband.  Money can be replaced, certain circumstances cannot.

Sometimes following the rule of prayer is refraining from killing something, or someone.

Lord have mercy!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 12:37:26 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:41:42 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »

God's Peace!,, And Lord Have Mercy...Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:56 AM »

Lord have mercy!

While this may sound like another "task" to do, have you had your house blessed since Theophany? If the devil is at work, nothing chases demons out like a good house blessing. It may bring peace to you and your home.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 02:14:14 AM »

Bless, O Lord, Quinault and her brood, strengthen them against all trials and tribulations and provide peace and stability to them during the absence of Quinault's Husband.

Through the intercessions of the Holy Theotokos have mercy on Quinault and her brood!

Amen!
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 04:35:30 AM »

Lord have mercy!

While this may sound like another "task" to do, have you had your house blessed since Theophany? If the devil is at work, nothing chases demons out like a good house blessing. It may bring peace to you and your home.

Honestly my house is such a mess that I haven't had it blessed by our priest. I did go thru the entire house with our holy water the night I got it, but that is it.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 05:25:16 AM »

Lord have mercy and save Your servants.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 08:30:31 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 11:40:08 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 01:00:28 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 01:53:15 PM »

Honestly my house is such a mess that I haven't had it blessed by our priest. I did go thru the entire house with our holy water the night I got it, but that is it.
[/quote]

I understand. You did right in sprinkiling your house with holy water.

May the Lord bring peace to you and your house.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 12:11:33 AM »

Quinault
the title of your post shows you still have a sense of humor and your post shows a good attitude.
This too will pass.
May God bless you and your child and the child you are carrying and your dear husband. And may he bless your house.

Have the priest over for a blessing. Have him come when the plummer is there (that way you have an excuse for the mess and maybe the plummer can get blessed too!)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:12:18 AM by BrotherAidan » Logged
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 03:05:55 PM »

Lord Have Mercy

Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »

Everything is fixed, I had to have all three valves replaced in addition to the other work so it came to a staggering $750. The shut off for the toilet and the ones under the sink were all leaking/rusting pretty badly. But I am thankful for a working toilet and a nice faucet! We are laying low today and will start back on the regular schedules tomorrow. Thank you for the kind words and prayers. It is sort of funny now Smiley
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »

Glory be to God in the Highest!
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »

Glory be to God!

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
mdsajith

Faith: Universal
Jurisdiction: Universal

"I WILL HONOUR MY SERVANT"

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »

While I was readig your request I felt the need of the Holy Spirit to be with you and honoured by you with an understanding of His presence.

Will you please do that and understand the presence of the Holy Spirit by honouring Him. 

You already understood your inability to control yourself.  So allow the HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOU.
lovingly
H.G.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: