OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 08:47:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul McCartney to tour?  (Read 1713 times) Average Rating: 0
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« on: January 22, 2009, 12:31:31 AM »

I heard that Paul McCartney is working on a U.S. tour.  It seems that my source's best friend is a chauffeur and bus driver for various musicians. Anyhow, this driver was asked if he would like to work as a driver for Mr. McCartney while he was un the US. However, I can't find anything to confirm this as of yet. Anyone know anything about a 2009 US tour?

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »

Every time he does a tour, I think, "This'll be the last time."  If he is doing a 2009 tour, I'd be glad to go!  He has just released a new album so it would make sense if he is out touring again.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
scamandrius
Dr., Rdr. Scamandrius to you :)
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 03:49:47 PM »

who cares?  Boring.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »

who cares?  Boring.

Thanks for your helpful commentary.   Roll Eyes

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
nicholas1870

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Thyateira and Great Britain

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »

Aye, a wee bit harsh to Sir Paul. Sad
scamandrius
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »

who cares?  Boring.

Thanks for your helpful commentary.   Roll Eyes

Sometimes the best things to say require the least amount of thought (or words!).   Grin  Just not a fan is all and I don't know why he continues to tour(unless he needs more money to help with his alimony payments).

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

Órëlaurëa
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »

He probably continues to tour because he still has fans that want to see him.  Grin  I'm not much for concerts. . . too much money, too many people, too loud, etc. There are two living musicians that I really want to see perform-- Paul McCartney and Sting. I got to see Sting last year, and if I can see Paul McCartney this year I will be a very happy person. Smiley

Every time he does a tour, I think, "This'll be the last time."  If he is doing a 2009 tour, I'd be glad to go!  He has just released a new album so it would make sense if he is out touring again.

Well, count me in--if I can ever find where/when he will be close by! Wink

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 09:25:13 PM »

Sir Paul may meet his future wife on a US tour so he needs to save the money he gave Heather.   Shocked
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »

who cares?  Boring.
Then why post to this thread?

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
scamandrius
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »

who cares?  Boring.
Then why post to this thread?

I'm sorry, I didn't know that there was some rule that we can only post to threads which we are specifically interested in. I read and write on threads that do not captivate me and I have yet to receive any reproof for that.  I just don't understand all the hype associated with Paul McCartney (or the Beatles for that matter) so I chose to make my disdain known, even if you don't care.  I have also done the same whenever Coldplay is mentioned on the "What are you listening to" thread.  Others do that to.  Some have asked why they should care if the Pope would lift the excommunications on the SSPX?  They posted anyway.  I hope that you are asking them the same question.

Must I gain your permission in the future? Wink

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »

Some have asked why they should care if the Pope would lift the excommunications on the SSPX?  They posted anyway.  I hope that you are asking them the same question.
Actually, I haven't read that thread yet. It's not in my section, and it didn't interest me.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 02:56:32 AM »

I'm sorry, I didn't know that there was some rule that we can only post to threads which we are specifically interested in. I read and write on threads that do not captivate me and I have yet to receive any reproof for that.  I just don't understand all the hype associated with Paul McCartney (or the Beatles for that matter) so I chose to make my disdain known, even if you don't care.  I have also done the same whenever Coldplay is mentioned on the "What are you listening to" thread.  Others do that to.  Some have asked why they should care if the Pope would lift the excommunications on the SSPX?  They posted anyway.  I hope that you are asking them the same question.

Must I gain your permission in the future? Wink

I think we were wondering why you would go to the effort to read and respond to a thread when you obviously don't care about the topic.  Grin

SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 03:15:39 AM »

I'm sorry, I didn't know that there was some rule that we can only post to threads which we are specifically interested in. I read and write on threads that do not captivate me and I have yet to receive any reproof for that.

Read some of my posts on threads that I don't care about.   Grin  You may have done better in logic than I did.   Wink  Roll Eyes
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »

Read some of my posts on threads that I don't care about.   Grin  You may have done better in logic than I did.   Wink  Roll Eyes

Well. . . it's your time and energy. You can spend them as you like.  Grin

SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:48 AM »

Well. . . it's your time and energy. You can spend them as you like.  Grin

Very logical indeed.  Someday, I will learn my lesson.   Wink

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:56 AM »

Anyway, getting back to Sir Paul...  police

Has anyone heard his new album?  NPR played a few excerpts of it a couple of weeks ago and to be honest, I didn't much care for it the first time I heard it.  The experimental sound of it is abrasive in some parts and just weird in others.  There were a couple of catchy tunes in there, but when I think Paul McCartney I think of melodies and harmonies that get stuck in my head for weeks.  I'll have to listen to the rest of the album before I make up my mind, but I kind of miss the days of Wings and The Beatles.  Maybe he's just trying to get away from all that.

Órëlaurëa
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 02:52:34 PM »

No, I haven't. . . But I remember not liking Flaming Pie when I first listened to it. Maybe it will grow on you? I have to say that I do really enjoy the older Wings and Beatles stuff the most, and find myself listening to them over and over. I can't really say I do that with his more modern stuff. Smiley

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 08:01:51 AM »

Maybe he'll bring along the London Philharmonic and perform one of his symphonies.

Fine, be that way. Can't one dream? Sheesh.

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »

Maybe he'll bring along the London Philharmonic and perform one of his symphonies.

I'm all for that.  Tongue

Carole
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic (ish)

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »

I haven't heard anything - but if he tours again we'll probably go and see him.  Hubby and I have seen him twice and our daughter has seen him once - great concerts both times.

Carole
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 01:38:46 AM »

I'm all for that.  Tongue

Me too!  Grin

Tags: music concert tour Chuck Norris Paul McCartney 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: