OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 04:04:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-Antiochian parishes  (Read 1908 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: January 20, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »

Are there any Western Rite parishes which don't belong to the Patriarchate of Antioch? I've been looking for it for a long time and I managed to find only two ROCOR's monasteries (in Australia and Canada). Are there any more? I'm especially interested in Europe - I've heard about Serbian or Romanian parishes in France but I couldn't find anything useful.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:46:50 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:35:13 AM »

I've found a parish directory and there are some parishes in France which are told to belong to Church of Serbia. Are they really under the Serbian Patriarchate?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »

I've found a parish directory and there are some parishes in France which are told to belong to Church of Serbia. Are they really under the Serbian Patriarchate?

Back in 2001, certain parishes and priests from the ECOF left, and formed the UACORO.  Much of the UACORO (though not all I believe) was accepted into the Serbian Patriarchate in 2006.  I believe that the remaining members of the UACORO that did not choose to join are still in talks with the Serbian Patriarchate, but I havn't heard much about them for some time now (over a year).  I would love to attend a Divine Liturgy according to St. Germanus of Paris.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
VirSpeluncaeOrthodoxae
Da Orthodox Caveman! aka "Cavey"

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch...for now

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »

Me too

Medieval, backwards, rigid, narrow-minded Traditionalist, Western Rite lover and proud of it! Make my day.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »

Back in 2001, certain parishes and priests from the ECOF left, and formed the UACORO.  Much of the UACORO (though not all I believe) was accepted into the Serbian Patriarchate in 2006.  I believe that the remaining members of the UACORO that did not choose to join are still in talks with the Serbian Patriarchate, but I havn't heard much about them for some time now (over a year).  I would love to attend a Divine Liturgy according to St. Germanus of Paris.

I've found their official directory.  So you were indeed right.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:30:01 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:46:58 PM »

I've found their official directory.  So you were indeed right.

Thanks for the link!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: