OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 27, 2014, 01:58:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope to have own Google Channel  (Read 813 times) Average Rating: 0
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« on: January 17, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »

From the AP:  The Vatican is creating a Google channel for texts, videos and news relating to the pontiff.

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI is getting his own channel on Google.

It says the Vatican TV Center and Vatican Radio are collaborating with Google on the project.

The Vatican's press office said Saturday that texts and video of the pope's speeches as well as news about the pontiff would be posted directly onto the channel....

Source
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:49:27 PM »

What a fine idea. I look forward to using it! EWTN covers most papal events live, but I'm not always available to see them right away.
Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »

This is a great idea. Go to the young where they are. Google is the now thing so this is a great idea for outreach!
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Moderated
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »

^why is this necessary?  Why doesn't the papacy already use its existing website for streaming videos and recordings and the like?  I'm not opposed; it just seems superfluous.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:40:05 PM »

^
Have you ever been to the Vatican website?  It's terrible and quite old-fashioned by web standards.  I get the impression that Google Video will just be getting the recordings that were already produced by Vatican TV and Radio.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: