OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 03:45:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America  (Read 343 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« on: October 06, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »

Could someone please explain to me what exactly the Archdiocese is supposed to be? The Coptic churches in Northern California are commonly listed as being part of the Archdiocese. And yet, His Holiness Pope Shenouda III was the one who came to consecrate the altar at the church in Pleasanton, and as a consequence I asked a priest in the area who they were responsible, and he said that they reported directly to His Holiness. So then why are they listed as part of the Archdiocese and not just as something along the lines of a "stavropegial institution"?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: