OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 12:36:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Calendar Nativity Greetings for the Convert Issues Forum  (Read 499 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »

Beloved in the Lord,

I want to take time to send to those who participate on the Convert Issues Forum my heartfelt greetings for Nativity (Old Calendar).

Troparion - Tone 4

Your Nativity, O Christ our God,
Has shone to the world the Light of wisdom!
For by it, those who worshipped the stars,
Were taught by a Star to adore You,
The Sun of Righteousness,
And to know You, the Orient from on High.
O Lord, glory to You!

Kontakion - Tone 3

Today the Virgin gives birth to the Transcendent One,
And the earth offers a cave to the Unapproachable One!
Angels with shepherds glorify Him!
The wise men journey with a star!
Since for our sake the Eternal God was born as a Little Child!
color]

My hope is that if you are an inquirer you may experience during this Holy Nativity the joy of the birth of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the embrace of those who love you within the Orthodox faith.

My Christmas wish If you are a catechumen that you may continue to grow in faith through the knowledge that for our sake the Eternal God was born as a Little Child! May the days be few before you enter the Church and entere the full communion of the faithful!

To my brothers and sisters who are Orthodox Christians, my hope and prayers are with you that you may adore Jesus, The Sun of Righteousness, and know him more deeply who is the the Orient from on High as you commune with him through the most Holy Divine Liturgy of the Nativity of Christ.

Christ is Born!  Glorify Him!

Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: