OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 10:47:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Novels that have made a difference in your spiritual life?  (Read 6008 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2007, 11:29:40 AM »

Wow, Aristibule, brother, thanks...

Actually, I think the "real time" is not a Russian invention in cinematography, it's European... Probably Antonioni's "Ecclise" (1960) is truly a classic motion picture where this approach is used: when heroes, for example, cross a street, they REALLY cross a real street, with the camera following their every step, every movement of their body, arms, head, etc. But, on the other hand, yes, in Tarkovskiy's "Stalker" this "real time" is sometimes exaggerated, taken to the extreme.

Have you seen "The Mirror?" Personally, I like it more than all other motion pictures by A.T., even more than "Andrei Rublev." It may even be my most favorite, most beloved motion picture of all times, the best in cinematography that I've ever seen.

I also love Fellini. "La Dolce Vita" makes me cry every time I see it. Especially the scenes with the hero's father, and the last sequence on the beach.

Love never fails.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: