OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 08:12:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bizaare But Cute Nonetheless!  (Read 1014 times) Average Rating: 0
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« on: January 06, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »

Check out the photo! Too cute!

5yo, 6yo try to Elope to Africa

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/06/2459668.htm

Two German children aged five and six have been stopped by police from travelling to Africa to elope.

The children packed bathing costumes, sunglasses and a lilo, and headed for the airport.

They even invited along a witness, the girl's seven-year-old sister.

The three got as far as Hanover railway station before police intervened, telling them they would not get far without tickets and money.

A police spokesman says the young couple are very much in love and had decided to get married in Africa because it was warm.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 01:13:18 AM »

I almost gave a 12 year old relative directions on traveling to the regional shopping mall via public transit.  These young kids in the article had to know how to surf the Internet; When I was their age, I'd rather play with my little red truck.   Grin
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »

I almost gave a 12 year old relative directions on traveling to the regional shopping mall via public transit.  These young kids in the article had to know how to surf the Internet; When I was their age, I'd rather play with my little red truck.   Grin
"Tonka No. 1 to Tonka No. 2.  Come in."
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 02:33:03 AM »

Tonka No. 2 ready, beep beep, come in Tonka No. 1.

I had the best red, steel, Tonka truck; I used it to dig up the garden (during winter time, of course).   Grin
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »

Tonka No. 2 ready, beep beep, come in Tonka No. 1.

I had the best red, steel, Tonka truck; I used it to dig up the garden (during winter time, of course).   Grin

(Brings in her Blue Power Ranger Action Figure and a giant green plastic dinosaur) "Oh no!! A Monster is attacking the Dig Site!! Don't worry! Blue Power Ranger is here to make meat patties out of the Monster!" Grin

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »

This was a cute article, but being a mom I'm wondering where the heck the parents were that their wee ones could slip away to the train station unnoticed. 

Then again, Cait will probably test my observation skills one day and I'll wonder no more.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »

There is a wonderful humorous story by Anton Chekhov, titled "Boys" (the Russian original here, http://az.lib.ru/c/chehow_a_p/text_0060.shtml#63). It's about something very similar except both "conspirators" were little boys and their destination was not Africa but California. Smiley

Love never fails.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »

This was a cute article, but being a mom I'm wondering where the heck the parents were that their wee ones could slip away to the train station unnoticed. 

Then again, Cait will probably test my observation skills one day and I'll wonder no more.
When my I was about 18 months old, my Mother put me in my cot one day for my nap. A little while later, she heard some banging and thought the noise was my Father hammering in the shed, and she went out to ask him to stop because I was sleeping. My parents then found me playing with a lizard in the backyard. On examination of the crime scene (the nursery) they worked out that I had stood up in my cot, held on to the cot-sides and jumped the cot over to the window and climbed out. 

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »

(Brings in her Blue Power Ranger Action Figure and a giant green plastic dinosaur) "Oh no!! A Monster is attacking the Dig Site!! Don't worry! Blue Power Ranger is here to make meat patties out of the Monster!" Grin

Before Power Rangers, there was Voltron, Defender of the Universe.

My all-time favorite Japanese Anime based Superhero can beat your watered down Japanese Anime based Superhero.    Roll Eyes  Smiley
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »

they worked out that I had stood up in my cot, held on to the cot-sides and jumped the cot over to the window and climbed out.

OzGeorge: Toddler Hulk/Spiderman of OC.net! Cheesy Wink

Before Power Rangers, there was Voltron, Defender of the Universe.

My all-time favorite Japanese Anime based Superhero can beat your watered down Japanese Anime based Superhero.    Roll Eyes  Smiley

(plays with SolEX's Voltron toys and has them sing the Power Rangers theme song) Voltron? Where? All I see are Power Ranger toys! Tongue Grin
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:04:43 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

When my I was about 18 months old, my Mother put me in my cot one day for my nap. A little while later, she heard some banging and thought the noise was my Father hammering in the shed, and she went out to ask him to stop because I was sleeping. My parents then found me playing with a lizard in the backyard. On examination of the crime scene (the nursery) they worked out that I had stood up in my cot, held on to the cot-sides and jumped the cot over to the window and climbed out. 

Genius!  I will check to make sure the windows are bolted!  LOL

Incidentally, the way we know Cait is doing something she probably shouldn't is when she disappears from sight and gets very quiet.  Last time she did that, she wandered into the laundry room and taste-tested the cats' kibbles. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: