OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 01:34:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers in Romanian  (Read 10887 times) Average Rating: 5
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 12:11:33 AM »

and how do you say morning prayers such as the ones that start like this:  "Arising from sleep, we fall down before you, oh good One..."

Sculandu-ne din somn, cadem catre Tine, Bunule, si cantare ingereasca strigam Tie, Puternice : Sfant, Sfant, Sfant esti Dumnezeule, pentru Nascatoarea de Dumnezeu, miluieste-ne pe noi.

Slava Tatalui si Fiului si Sfantului Duh.

Din pat si din somn m-ai ridicat, Doamne; mintea mea o lumineaza, inima si buzele mele le deschide, ca sa Te laud pe Tine, Preasfanta Treime : Sfant, Sfant, Sfant esti Dumnezeule, pentru Nascatoarea de Dumnezeu, miluieste-ne pe noi.

Si acum si pururea si in vecii vecilor. Amin.

Fara de veste Judecatorul va veni si faptele fiecaruia se vor descoperi, ci cu frica sa strigam in miezul noptii : Sfant, Sfant, Sfant esti Dumnezeule, pentru Nascatoarea de Dumnezeu, miluieste-ne pe noi.

http://www.sfaturiortodoxe.ro/rd.htm

and "O Lord, clense me, a sinner, for I have never done anything good in your sight..."

Doamne, curateste-ma pe mine pacatosul, pentru ca nu am facut nimic bun in fata Ta; izbaveste-ma de cel rau si faca-se voia Ta cu mine, ca sa-mi pot deschide gura si sa pot slavi numele Tatalui, al Fiului si al Sfantului Duh, acum si in vecii vecilor. Amin.
http://www.plasticsusa.com/ortho/prayer1.html

also, where can I get a Romanian prayer book?  I would like to follow along at liturgy when I go to the local monastery.
Practically any Romanian Church.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:13:16 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 12:24:23 AM »

and how do you say morning prayers such as the ones that start like this:  "Arising from sleep, we fall down before you, oh good One..."

Sculandu-ne din somn, cadem catre Tine, Bunule, si cantare ingereasca strigam Tie, Puternice : Sfant, Sfant, Sfant esti Dumnezeule, pentru Nascatoarea de Dumnezeu, miluieste-ne pe noi.

Slava Tatalui si Fiului si Sfantului Duh.

Din pat si din somn m-ai ridicat, Doamne; mintea mea o lumineaza, inima si buzele mele le deschide, ca sa Te laud pe Tine, Preasfanta Treime : Sfant, Sfant, Sfant esti Dumnezeule, pentru Nascatoarea de Dumnezeu, miluieste-ne pe noi.

Si acum si pururea si in vecii vecilor. Amin.

Fara de veste Judecatorul va veni si faptele fiecaruia se vor descoperi, ci cu frica sa strigam in miezul noptii : Sfant, Sfant, Sfant esti Dumnezeule, pentru Nascatoarea de Dumnezeu, miluieste-ne pe noi.

http://www.sfaturiortodoxe.ro/rd.htm

and "O Lord, clense me, a sinner, for I have never done anything good in your sight..."

Doamne, curateste-ma pe mine pacatosul, pentru ca nu am facut nimic bun in fata Ta; izbaveste-ma de cel rau si faca-se voia Ta cu mine, ca sa-mi pot deschide gura si sa pot slavi numele Tatalui, al Fiului si al Sfantului Duh, acum si in vecii vecilor. Amin.
http://www.plasticsusa.com/ortho/prayer1.html

also, where can I get a Romanian prayer book?  I would like to follow along at liturgy when I go to the local monastery.
Practically any Romanian Church.
quite a swift responce!  thanks so much! Grin

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »

great links, everyone  Smiley

is this liturgy
http://www.biserica.org/Publicatii/Rugaciuni/Liturghier/Liturghia/index.html
the one that is always prayed, or are there variations?

i would like to take the words with me (it is hard to follow aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa chanting without the words!) when i go to the liturgy.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 03:43:08 PM »

great links, everyone  Smiley

is this liturgy
http://www.biserica.org/Publicatii/Rugaciuni/Liturghier/Liturghia/index.html
the one that is always prayed, or are there variations?

i would like to take the words with me (it is hard to follow aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa chanting without the words!) when i go to the liturgy.

Yes, it is the DL of St. John, the usual DL, but now we will be using the DL St. Basil until Pascha (which is not much diffferent, except in the priest's prayers, and then mostly in the secret prayers).

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 07:16:34 PM »

"Sculandu-ne din somn, cadem catre Tine, Bunule, si cantare ingereasca strigam Tie, Puternice: Sfant, Sfant, Sfant esti Dumnezeule; pentru rugaciunile ingerilor Tai, miluieste-ne pe noi."

"Doamne, curateste-ma pe mine pacatosul, ca niciodata n-am facut bine inaintea Ta. Izbaveste-ma, deci de vicleanul si fa sa fie intru mine voia Ta, ca fara de osanda sa deschid gura mea cea nevrednica si sa laud preasfant numele Tau, al Tatalui si al Fiului si al Sfantului Duh, acum si pururea si in vecii vecilor. Amin."
Here's a link to the morning prayers:
http://www.crestinortodox.ro/rugaciuni/rugaciunile-dimineata-72539.html

Would a printed version do? I don't think Romanian book stores deliver outside Romania. And it's quite expensive to send something to US. You might find one at the monastery, maybe. Or we can provide links to the prayers you are interested in.

Edit: Never mind, I see ialmistry has already posted the translation.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:18:40 PM by ma2000 » Logged

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »

well i did it today!
went to romanian liturgy finally.
 Smiley
can anyone tell the meaning in english of sfantul potir and caldura?
they got blessed so maybe it means the things for the Body and Blood of Jesus to go in.
litughia floriilor a fost frumos.
 Smiley
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »

I don't speak Romanian, but according to Google the first one is "chalice" (lit. "saint cup"), so I think you're right about that. The second one came up as "heat", though, so I don't know...

ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »

Yes, Dzheremi, " sfantul potir" is The Holy Chalice and "caldura" is heat or warmth. Maybe Mabsoota might refer to the Aer (air).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:33:49 PM by ma2000 » Logged

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: