OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 03:40:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently my neighbors were drug lords  (Read 6462 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: December 20, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »

It has been really cold around here lately. (Cold for the NW at least) The temps have been around the teens and twenties for over a week. My neighbors are a large asian extended family, (or so it seemed). So when there were lots of cars coming and going we didn't think anything of it. They haven't been home for about a week-they left when we started getting heavy snow last Saturday. It is nearly impossible to get into our neighborhood, let alone up our shared driveway when it snows. I have a SUV and I have some problems, they drive a minivan.

Last night there was an alarm going off at my neighbors house around 11pm. I called 911 to report a possible fire and thy came pretty quickly. It turns out that there was large amounts of water leaking from the floor above their garage. There was a burst pipe in that area. Large icicles are hanging from all over the garage and there is a ice slick down their driveway that is a good clue Smiley

The firemen come in thru the back and walk thru the house looking for the source, then later they shut down the house water at the main. But they must have seen something as they walked thru because not much later THREE police cars show up with the "big guns" (literally their guns were the size that my husband uses in the army, not handguns like you normally see police officers carry). I walked down the driveway to ask if I needed to tell my neighbors anything when they came back home (that is when I saw the officers dressed in black with the big guns).  I spoke with an officer and he said that they wouldn't be back; "That house has been under investigation as a drug house for quite awhile. We're just going to seize the house, you don't need to worry about anything." And then my brother saw them emptying the house this morning of large garbage bags. He commented; "Helping them move?" to which they replied; "Yeah, something like that."

Crazy Roll Eyes
I was trying to be a good neighbor and keep their house from being destroyed and I ended up getting them in some deep trouble. We have seen cars full of people parked on our street getting high on and off as long as we have lived here. But that happened even before these guys moved in. We live in a secluded green belt, and many people use the street as a spot to have lunch ect. My dogs have never liked my neighbors, every time they come or go they bark like mad. I didn't have a clue. Undecided I guess I can can at least be happy it wasn't a meth lab Shocked Ok, so maybe not drug lords-but certainly dealers/growers.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:55:52 PM by Quinault » Logged
orthodoxlurker
Supporter & Defender of Fr Ambrose (Irish Hermit) - banned
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian - NOT a phanariote
Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate under siege

al-Saabir yaraa al-Hurriyah

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »

Wow!

Next time pay better attention to your dogs' bark Cheesy

Anyway, it wasn't you that put them into trouble, it's themselves that did it. Besides, if you passed the fire alarm, you would have put the entire neighborhood into the trouble if the fire burnt.

Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:44:53 PM »

Hopefully this won't make the news around here. I don't particularly want the media scampering around my property and asking my kids and I questions. I haven't called the media, and as long as my other neighbors don't either I doubt it will make the news. We are so secluded that unless you want to be down here -you won't be. And I think they are staking out the house to catch the neighbors when they get home.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:46:08 PM by Quinault » Logged
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »

I pray your ex-neighbors don't bear a grudge against you. Sad

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »

It has been really cold around here lately. (Cold for the NW at least) The temps have been around the teens and twenties for over a week. My neighbors are a large asian extended family, (or so it seemed). So when there were lots of cars coming and going we didn't think anything of it. They haven't been home for about a week-they left when we started getting heavy snow last Saturday. It is nearly impossible to get into our neighborhood, let alone up our shared driveway when it snows. I have a SUV and I have some problems, they drive a minivan.

Last night there was an alarm going off at my neighbors house around 11pm. I called 911 to report a possible fire and thy came pretty quickly. It turns out that there was large amounts of water leaking from the floor above their garage. There was a burst pipe in that area. Large icicles are hanging from all over the garage and there is a ice slick down their driveway that is a good clue Smiley

The firemen come in thru the back and walk thru the house looking for the source, then later they shut down the house water at the main. But they must have seen something as they walked thru because not much later THREE police cars show up with the "big guns" (literally their guns were the size that my husband uses in the army, not handguns like you normally see police officers carry). I walked down the driveway to ask if I needed to tell my neighbors anything when they came back home (that is when I saw the officers dressed in black with the big guns).  I spoke with an officer and he said that they wouldn't be back; "That house has been under investigation as a drug house for quite awhile. We're just going to seize the house, you don't need to worry about anything." And then my brother saw them emptying the house this morning of large garbage bags. He commented; "Helping them move?" to which they replied; "Yeah, something like that."

Crazy Roll Eyes
I was trying to be a good neighbor and keep their house from being destroyed and I ended up getting them in some deep trouble. We have seen cars full of people parked on our street getting high on and off as long as we have lived here. But that happened even before these guys moved in. We live in a secluded green belt, and many people use the street as a spot to have lunch ect. My dogs have never liked my neighbors, every time they come or go they bark like mad. I didn't have a clue. Undecided I guess I can can at least be happy it wasn't a meth lab Shocked Ok, so maybe not drug lords-but certainly dealers/growers.

"Whoops"

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 06:05:52 PM »

Hopefully this won't make the news around here.

Unless your neighbors were members of major Asian gangs using Canada to smuggle drugs into the USA (or vice versa), I doubt it.

I don't particularly want the media scampering around my property and asking my kids and I questions. I haven't called the media, and as long as my other neighbors don't either I doubt it will make the news. We are so secluded that unless you want to be down here -you won't be. And I think they are staking out the house to catch the neighbors when they get home.

Take proper precautions.  Keep children inside when not necessary for them to be outside; Otherwise, no need to panic and continue as normal.   Smiley  In 2001-2002, I once lived next to neighbors who almost burned the house down, resulting in the 18 year old girl and her freeloading, addicted male friends vanishing like smoke.  I didn't like people in expensive cars pulling up and asking anyone in the house "where's my <deleted> money?"
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 06:09:31 PM »

Hopefully they don't connect me to the fact that their operation was discovered. The alarm could have been reported by anyone. And I hope they still remember my two large pit bulls and husband in military ACU's too Cheesy

In all likelihood they will find out about this and not come home at all. Everyone was Asian and in their 40's-60's, hardly poster children for drug lords. They didn't speak a lick on English.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 06:15:25 PM »

We moved here from an apartment complex. When we lived there we lived in between two prostitutes with children. One was kicked out after her john came kicking down her door screaming that she was a "crack @#$%^." She had three kids that would wander the balcony while she "worked." It was really sad. The other one was forcibly evicted because her house smelled so bad and she was obviously a meth addict. She had two kids and a dog. She never took the dog outside-you get the picture. They had to scrape the apartment to the concrete after she left. I was pregnant at the time and dry heaved every time I passed by her door because of the smell. Then there was the guy that pushed his girlfriend from a 3rd floor balcony right in front of my daughter and I one night. I had to call 911 and remind everyone not to move her. Fortunately she was so drunk she was just fine-limp as she fell so no real injuries. But that place was awful.

This development next door is not ideal, but it is much better than other places we have lived.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »

Unless your neighbors were members of major Asian gangs using Canada to smuggle drugs into the USA (or vice versa), I doubt it.

You underestimate the boredom of the media around here. All one has to do around here to get something on the news is to call/email the local news media. It has all the things they like to cover; weather complications-pipes bursting, drugs and a cute little family next door with a pregnant mom of 3 that has a husband in the National Guard set to deploy. I am sure if someone called it would make the news. I just hope no one contacts the media.
VirSpeluncaeOrthodoxae
Da Orthodox Caveman! aka "Cavey"

Jurisdiction: Antioch...for now

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »

Constant vigilance!

Medieval, backwards, rigid, narrow-minded Traditionalist, Western Rite lover and proud of it! Make my day.
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »

You underestimate the boredom of the media around here. All one has to do around here to get something on the news is to call/email the local news media. It has all the things they like to cover; weather complications-pipes bursting, drugs and a cute little family next door with a pregnant mom of 3 that has a husband in the National Guard set to deploy. I am sure if someone called it would make the news. I just hope no one contacts the media.

If the weather is that bad, they won't cover your situation even if 100 people call.  Maybe the cat stuck in an icy tree will generate more press coverage than your situation.   Grin
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »

Hey! I know, if they show up I'll stick my cat up a tree to distract them!

"No, I don't have a comment. Hey! Look at that fat lazy orange and white cat up that tree over there!" Grin
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 06:49:11 PM »

(Reporter) "This is CNN News! The woman who unknowingly made her drug lord neighbors leave, AND caused their house to be staked out by law enforement, now has another problem: her cat is stuck in a tree! We're here LIVE at [insert Quinault's address]..." Grin

And knowing the media, they'll prod the past history in front before the current history, 'cause everybody likes dirt! Wink
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 06:49:51 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »

(Reporter) "This is CNN News! The woman who unknowingly made her drug lord neighbors leave, AND caused their house to be staked out by law enforement, now has another problem: her cat is stuck in a tree! We're here LIVE at [insert Quinault's address]..." Grin

And knowing the media, they'll prod the past history in front before the current history, 'cause everybody likes dirt! Wink

laugh Grin Cheesy

Nyssa The Hobbit
Used to be OrthodoxFairyQueen
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian as of 1/10/09
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »

It seems we have something in common.  My parents' new neighbors--one of them an old schoolmate who remembers me, though I don't remember him--also turned out to be selling drugs.  Tongue  It was enough to make me want my parents to sell the childhood home and move somewhere safer.

Also, when I was a kid, my mom was friends with a woman who sometimes lived across the street.  (I say "sometimes" because she was married at least twice to the guy who owned the house, so sometimes she lived there, sometimes she didn't.)  Anyway, the guy had two German shepherds.  I was supposed to stay away from them.  He built a fence around the backyard, with tall planks and no spaces between them.  I thought nothing of it until one day the police pulled up and started hauling out marijuana plants and stacking them in the back of a truck!  That explained the fence AND the German shepherds.  And he had a little girl while all this was going on!  I don't know if he got arrested, but if he did, it wasn't for long; he still lived in that house until he died.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:14:10 PM by OrthodoxFairyQueen » Logged

Author of "Tojet" (fantasy) and "The Lighthouse" (Gothic), info available at my website URL.
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 08:37:13 PM »

Every ordinary suburban neighborhood has an indoor grow operation and they're often people you'd hardly suspect.  That's what a lot of police departments use thermal imaging for.  Up north in the winter you've also got an easy tip off when it's snowy - it's usually the only house in the neighborhood that never has snow on its roof.

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 12:33:38 AM »

My next-door neighbors used to own a "gentleman's club".  When they moved in, they removed the window shades on the windows that faced my house.  And they installed a "practice" pole.  I miss my neighbors. Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 01:18:30 AM »

My next-door neighbors used to own a "gentleman's club".  When they moved in, they removed the window shades on the windows that faced my house.  And they installed a "practice" pole.  I miss my neighbors. Cheesy

LOL! Cheesy Why do I see you having to have tissues and a pint of ice cream if watching the movie Moulin RougeCheesy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:32:22 AM by Myrrh23 » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: