OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 08:38:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About Prayer Requests  (Read 662 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: December 17, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »

When people make prayer requests on here, do you write them down in a booklet to pray for later? Also, do you put down the reason for the prayers, or just the names? And do you put any type of date for how long you plan on praying for them, or do you just continue praying for them for a while and then stop for whatever reason at a later time (either because it's been a while, or the person posted an update)?

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:00:37 AM »

I keep two notebooks in my Iconostasis. One with a list of people's first names of the living I have been asked to pray for, and the other has the names of the dead. In the morning I read the Small Paraklesis to the Theotokos for the living, and in the evening, I pray the Trisagion and Prayers for the Dead after Compline.
When it's my turn to make the Prosforo for the Liturgy, I extract some of the names from each list and submit them to the Priest on my diptych so that every name on the list is commemorated at least once a year in the Liturgy.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:48:23 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:35:21 AM »

I pray for them when I am here, and when I say my personal prayers I ask that the Lord remember all who have asked for my prayers--and ask specifically for those that are on my mind that day. I think ozgeorge has a good system, though. . . I am just not that organized at this moment.

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:53:28 PM »

That's a good way of doing things, George. So far we only write the names down, but as the list grows we've begun to wonder how we can better sort the information out.

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: