OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 03:28:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of cheese are you?  (Read 1961 times) Average Rating: 0
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« on: December 06, 2008, 06:57:09 AM »

Take the Quiz and find out! Cheesy

http://cupped-expressions.net/cheese/quiz/

I am:mozzarella!

You are a shiny, soft, round cheese. You are very imaginative and creative, but you don't like to stand out. You don't mind solitude at times and you love to do art.

The plastic, spun-curd buffalo milk cheese Mozzarella, originated from southern Italy. Pasteurized milk is curdled at 90 degrees F and the curd is cut. Extra time in the vat is allowed so that the curd can sink to the bottom and so that the lactic acids can soften the curd to make it easier to knead. The curd is treated with extremely hot water (200 degrees F) and is kneaded into a shiny lump. Bits of the mass are taken off cooled salted and are soon ready to be marketed. [ Country: Italy || Texture: soft ]

I don't know about not liking to stand out. Depends on the situation.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 06:58:49 AM by Myrrh23 » Logged

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »

'm apparently mozzarella as well.

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »

You are feta!

You are a salty, crumbly cheese from Greece. You are overflowing with charisma. You are a confident intellectual who is very ambitious.

Feta is one of the most famous cheeses in Greece. It is made in various sizes, often as a loaf-shape. Feta is solid, but crumbly with some fissures. Pure white, it has a milky fresh acidity. Feta was originally made with either ewe's milk or a mixture of ewe's and goat's milk, but today most feta is made with pasteurized milk and tastes of little besides salt. Some people are put off by the strong salt content but the salt is intended only as a preservative and is not supposed to overpower the taste of the cheese. Feta can be soaked in fresh, cold water or milk for a few minutes or longer, if necessary, to make it less salty. [ Country: Greece || Milk: cow, ewe, and goat milk || Texture: soft ]

No real surprise there.  Smiley

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »

You are blue cheese!

You are a soft, crumbly white blue-streaked cheese. You are very cool and mellow. You are very knowledgeable and wise and people come to you for advice and help.

Blue cheese is a white cheese with blue veins and a sometimes crumbly interior. This cheese usually has tangy, piquant, spicy and peppery flavor. Use in salad dressings with cream cheese for spreads. [Texture: hard, semi-soft ]
Andrea

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 01:33:57 PM »

I'm American Cheese.  Cheesy

You are a smooth, lightly colored, square-shaped cheese. You are a classic simple cheese. You are cautious and practical and very down to earth.

American Cheese is smooth, with light, yellow or orange color. The cheese is usually cut into square slices and it does not separate when melted. It has a mild taste. [ Country: United States || Texture: semi-soft ]
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »

You are feta!

You are a salty, crumbly cheese from Greece. You are overflowing with charisma. You are a confident intellectual who is very ambitious.

No real surprise there.  Smiley

I'm feta as well.   Cheesy
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »

Great! How did I know I'd be a 'mental' cheese!  Roll Eyes
-----------------
You are emmental cheese!

You are a sweet-smelling, light-toned cheese with large holes. You are adventurous and love challenges. You are easily excited and sometimes even a little mischievous.

Emmental, also called emmenthaler, cheese is produced in the central cantons of Switzerland. It is a traditional, unpasteurized, hard cheese made from cow's milk.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »

Maybe you're more cut out to be mozzarella, Fada? Wink

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 03:37:58 PM »

Maybe you're more cut out to be mozzarella, Fada? Wink

Hmmm....I think the folks here who know me personally might have to agree that the description of Emmentaller is a good summary of me:

You are adventurous and love challenges. You are easily excited and sometimes even a little mischievous.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »

I am an American cheese  Shocked

Strange, I would never guess.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:51:42 AM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »

Heorhij, that is truly shocking news!  Smiley

I'm a feta. Indeed, I do love feta, but the description is a bunch of nonsense as far as I'm concerned!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »

Great! How did I know I'd be a 'mental' cheese!  Roll Eyes
-----------------
You are emmental cheese!

You are a sweet-smelling, light-toned cheese with large holes. You are adventurous and love challenges. You are easily excited and sometimes even a little mischievous.

Emmental, also called emmenthaler, cheese is produced in the central cantons of Switzerland. It is a traditional, unpasteurized, hard cheese made from cow's milk.

Guess I'm Emmental as well...could be worse. Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »

Never tried it. Is it nice?

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »

Hmmm....
You are chevres!

You are a cheese of different shapes, sizes, and textures. You are dependable, generous, and modest. You want to please everyone, but sometimes you have trouble remembering yourself.

These cheeses are made from goat's milk. They come in many sizes and shapes, such as round patties, log-shapes, drum-shapes, pyramids, round loaves, long loaves etc.; their textures vary from soft, but firm like cream cheese to extremely hard. Chevres are excellent dessert cheeses, often served as snacks or before dinner drinks. Goat cheese is often served as an ingredient in many fine dishes. [ Country: France || Milk: goat milk || Texture: semi-hard ]

Hmmm....I think the folks here who know me personally might have to agree that the description of Emmentaller is a good summary of me:

You are adventurous and love challenges. You are easily excited and sometimes even a little mischievous.

Uh-huh.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »

Wow! Both GM's are chevres!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 03:09:53 PM »

Wow! Both GM's are chevres!

Strange, no?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 03:17:35 PM »

I am mozzarella!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:18:34 PM by username! » Logged

scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

I am mozzarella!

You are a shiny, soft, round cheese. You are very imaginative and creative, but you don't like to stand out. You don't mind solitude at times and you love to do art.

Oh, great! Grin

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

I am not a real cheese.

You are American cheese!

You are a smooth, lightly colored, square-shaped cheese. You are a classic simple cheese. You are cautious and practical and very down to earth.

American Cheese is smooth, with light, yellow or orange color. The cheese is usually cut into square slices and it does not separate when melted. It has a mild taste. [ Country: United States || Texture: semi-soft ]

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: