OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 08:55:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horrifying parasitic illness on the wane  (Read 1121 times) Average Rating: 0
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« on: December 06, 2008, 06:04:54 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28068825/

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 08:21:22 AM »

Thanks for the article - it's always good to see progress made against painful and debilitating diseases.  However, shouldn't you have made a comment or two about the article, your position, etc, instead of just leaving a plain link in the post?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:30:25 AM »

Thanks for the article - it's always good to see progress made against painful and debilitating diseases.  However, shouldn't you have made a comment or two about the article, your position, etc, instead of just leaving a plain link in the post?

LOL.  Is there a "position" on the topic.  Is PETA  police protesting for the worms? Tongue (no, that's not an exageration: I once read in their periodical about ways of de-fleaing your dog that doesn't kill the feas.  Great, where do they go? Roll Eyes).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:31:41 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »

LOL.  Is there a "position" on the topic.  Is PETA  police protesting for the worms? Tongue (no, that's not an exageration: I once read in their periodical about ways of de-fleaing your dog that doesn't kill the feas.  Great, where do they go? Roll Eyes).

Well, one never knows if a person will feel that the worms deserve more rights than, say, a person who hasn't left the womb yet... I only asked my question since a "naked" link is a bit strange to see around here - usually there is at least a portion or summary of the article, a comment or two - something to brighten the landscape.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »

Cleveland, I think it's quite wonderful! Grin
I'd still like to study the condition, but the world will be happier without that sickness, and even without that species of worm! I'd personally be estatic to see agents of disease completely eradicated, such as the tsetse fly, the sand fly and such.

LOL, Ialmisry! PETA can suck my big toe! They're such hypocrites! They mouth off about shelters killing dogs and cats, but they do it themselves! They can be great comic relief, though...LOL, so God bless 'em. Cheesy
I'm just waiting for the day they claim bacteria and viruses have feelings. That might be the day I'll die of laughter. Tongue

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: