Author Topic: Catholic Church Music  (Read 20065 times)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Re: Catholic Church Music
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2017, 03:51:07 PM »
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2017, 07:16:54 AM »
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
O Ecclesia, by Hildegard of Bingen, a song about the glory of the Church and the martyrdom of St. Ursula. The ison-like sound at the background and the melody make the chant sound a bit Eastern-ish.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2018, 06:15:29 PM »
Playlists of Gregorian chants (mainly in Latin) for various occcasion by Polish Paulines:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa50spsH5ImCrH-LJ77Yy8w/playlists

Offline Xavier

• High Elder
  • Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for US!
  • Faith: Catholic Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Apostolic Throne of St. Peter's
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2018, 02:08:00 AM »
"My daughter, look at My Heart surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, try to console Me, and say that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months go to confession and receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary and keep Me company for a quarter of an hour" - The Theotokos to Sr. Lucia.

Offline Halik

• Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Fulda
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2018, 03:30:38 AM »
Anyone interested in Old Roman Chant?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdka1WN1c8c

That's the way the Church of Rome worshipped before the invention of the Gregorian Chant. Similar but quite different. Sounds more eastern ... Wonderful!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:32:19 AM by Halik »
“We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You, because by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world."
(St. Francis of Assisi)

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2018, 03:29:55 AM »
Anyone interested in Old Roman Chant?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdka1WN1c8c

That's the way the Church of Rome worshipped before the invention of the Gregorian Chant. Similar but quite different. Sounds more eastern ... Wonderful!
Great! It does sound more similar to the East than Gregorian chant does... But I still find in unmistakably Western. All the contemplativeness and blues.  :P
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Xavier

• High Elder
  • Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for US!
  • Faith: Catholic Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Apostolic Throne of St. Peter's
"My daughter, look at My Heart surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, try to console Me, and say that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months go to confession and receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary and keep Me company for a quarter of an hour" - The Theotokos to Sr. Lucia.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2018, 10:54:49 AM »
Polish Catholic song based on st. John Chrystostom Paschal homily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c6AqxHyb7M

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2018, 09:45:42 PM »
Really interesting video on the Tenebrae services at Wyoming Catholic College https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDHEol4S6Q8
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.