OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 08:55:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dialogue Between GOC of Greece and Old Believers  (Read 1093 times) Average Rating: 0
fatman2021
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Banned

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Russian Old-Orthodox Church

Protopope Avvakum, pray for us.

« on: November 29, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »

Here is my rough translation of the first paragraph with help from Google Translate:

On the Theological Dialogue between the PTs [Orthodox Church] of Greece and the RDTs [Russian Old-Orthodox Church]

As part of the Theological Dialogue [on the] 17th and 20th of October (n.s.), 2008, the Holy Metropolis of Mesogaias and Lafreotikis in Koropi held meetings and talks between the Holy Metropolitan of Mesogaias and Lafreotikis Kirykos, as well as the heads of the true Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Cyprus Holy Metropolitan of Kitiou Parfeniya with a delegation of the Russian Old-Orthodox Church of His Holiness Old-Orthodox Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexander, Holy Bishop Sergius of Siberia, and Archpriest Andrey Marchenko.

Comments: The Greek synod is that of Metr. Kirykos, who is a Matthewite bishop. Their website is: http://www.churchgoc.org/index_el.html (in Greek). The Matthewite bishop of Cyprus is Partheniou. This is good news.
http://iasidnev.livejournal.com/214154.html

O God be merciful to me a sinner. You, O Lord who created me, have mercy on me. I have sinned without number,O Lord, have mercy on me and forgive me, a sinner.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 05:42:46 PM »

Well, I think all serious dialogues are good, but basically you are talking about a bishop that represents an infinitely small portion of "the" GOC on the one hand and a patriarch that represents a very small faction of "the" Old Believers as well.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Hopeful Faithful
How can there be any earthly consecrated orthodox bishops during the age of this Great Apostasy?

Faith: In transition to the Russian old Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Strong Russian Old Pomorsky (Stranniki)

An Old Faith Flag

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »

Well, I think all serious dialogues are good, but basically you are talking about a bishop that represents an infinitely small portion of "the" GOC on the one hand and a patriarch that represents a very small faction of "the" Old Believers as well.

Dear Fr. Anastasios,

On that I completely agree.

Forgive, John

HIS Judgment Cometh, And That Right Soon! Mark 13:35

If any man be ignorant, let him alone be ignorant (at his own peril). 1 Cor. 14:38

Let us all hope to be found a faithful, loving bond-slave of Christ on the soon approaching Last Day.
Tags: GOC of Greece Old Believers GOC Matthewites 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: