OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 05:12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church of Finland slipping into "gay heresy" ??  (Read 7865 times) Average Rating: 0
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »

This is concern over several administrators in key positions who want to have the church celebrate homosexual relationships. They are treading carefully, because other Orthodox churches would not be happy about this, but it's clear that they believe that within Helsinki they will make this an acceptable lifestyle choice. One already sees troubling signs of this, like homosexual couples showing up at liturgy, hand-holding or hugging throughout the service, and then going up for Communion (any requirement of confession or even membership of the parish is rarely enforced for Communion here).

The greater Orthodox Church has always been able to deal with such infractions on established doctrine and practice. If the Finnish church went ahead and recognised, however loosely, homosexual relationships, much less solemnised them, the Church as a whole would regard the Church of Finland as no longer part of the Orthodox Church. Simple.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »

I'm willing to read anything you offer

Please do - you'll notice that you're wasting your breath on the rational folks here who know that any kind of sex outside of marriage is not good, and that marriage in the Church is only for one man and one woman
for life.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 11:40:01 PM »

The greater Orthodox Church has always been able to deal with such infractions on established doctrine and practice. If the Finnish church went ahead and recognised, however loosely, homosexual relationships, much less solemnised them, the Church as a whole would regard the Church of Finland as no longer part of the Orthodox Church. Simple.

Am I supposed to take that as some kind of consolation? I shouldn't worry that the Church where I live is torn apart by controversy just because the larger Church has nothing to worry about?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:45:55 PM by CRCulver » Logged
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:59 PM »

[Am I supposed to take that as some kind of consolation? I shouldn't worry that the Church where I live is torn apart by controversy just because the larger Church has nothing to worry about?

No, I mean it as if the Finnish Church decided to go against Orthodox doctrine and Tradition, it would soon find itself on the outer, as its unilateral decisions on such matters would be seen by the mainstream Orthod xChurch as contrary to its doctrines and practices. I hope this makes your dilemma clearer.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 12:29:30 AM »

[Am I supposed to take that as some kind of consolation? I shouldn't worry that the Church where I live is torn apart by controversy just because the larger Church has nothing to worry about?

No, I mean it as if the Finnish Church decided to go against Orthodox doctrine and Tradition, it would soon find itself on the outer, as its unilateral decisions on such matters would be seen by the mainstream Orthod xChurch as contrary to its doctrines and practices. I hope this makes your dilemma clearer.
Think of it as motivation for the Finnish Church to fight to remain faithful to Traditional Orthodox doctrine and praxis.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »

For those, who doubt about the posistion of Finnish Bishops on homosexuality:

The Episcopal Synod states that the members of the clergy have committed themselves either to marital life or celibacy. It is the demand and ideal starting from the personal decision made by each member of the clergy. The teaching of the Church cannot be revised on the basis of signing any declaration. It is valuable that the Orthodox who have signed the declaration state this: ‘We aren’t creating any new practices into the life of the Church or draw parallels between homosexual partnership and marriage’.

source
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:53:14 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags: Finland homosexuality lies 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: