Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 102154 times)

Offline wainscottbl

• Aspie weirdo of the forum
  • Archon
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #2070 on: March 22, 2015, 07:58:59 PM »
Wealth-building knowledge
My system
Financially independent

I am going to tell you something. I want you to listen. In this system, you're not going to get rich. I want to tell you that up front. But you can make supplemental income. What is supplemental income? Supplemental income is income you make in addition to your regular income. And you know what else? I am a really bad writer, but that's okay, because you're likely so stupid you need me to write like this anyway! I assume you do not have a high level of intelligence. Otherwise you would not be letting me rip you off.
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life." --Gebre Menfes Kidus

I once said to my father, when I was a boy, 'Dad we need a third political party.' He said to me, 'I'll settle for a second.' --Ralph Nader, America's Cato

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2071 on: March 22, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »
What is, what?
We all have an El Guapo to face. Be brave, and fight like lions!

Form a 'brute squad' then!

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2072 on: March 22, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
To true to be good, so I will rite u a cheque butt not phill the amnt and i well sign it. U send me stuff. Ok.
Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2073 on: March 22, 2015, 08:23:12 PM »
*put your hand under his thigh and make it official!*

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2074 on: March 22, 2015, 09:14:49 PM »
Ya know, that sounds like a Mafia pledge, "Swear by your.....? or I will remove them". Or am I as sick as that? Or jaded? Or are you?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:19:56 PM by LenInSebastopol »
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2075 on: March 22, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »
It's biblical, baby! If you're going to make a deal, you might as well go old testament with it!

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2076 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »
Here, puppy, puppy, sick puppy.....now lay down and go to sleep, sick puppy, puppy.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:22:12 PM by LenInSebastopol »

Offline Pravoslavac

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church
« Reply #2077 on: March 22, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »
First US/UK TV shows:

I am following now: The big bang theory, Game of Thrones, Gotham, Vikings, Walking dead, Shameless.

I watched According to Jim, lol, That 70s show, i don't like Friends and Two and a half man.

And i have watched almost all Serbian TV shows: Truck Drivers, Hot Wind, Better Life, Happy People, Family's Treasure, Love Habit Panic, My Cousin from village, State Job etc...

"I will make flowers bloom even on a rock, only if it is a desire of my People." - leader Kim Jong Il

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2078 on: March 22, 2015, 09:25:57 PM »
Here, puppy, puppy, sick puppy.....now lay down and go to sleep, sick puppy, puppy.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2079 on: March 22, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »
Noah's Ark, one of the finest, biblical movies, ever! Maybe?
True to form everyone is British, and in 20 minutes the've covered Puritan sex, but it's OK since it is between married couples, Scientism, economic theories, all by a bunch of country-bumpkins! The music has a banjo, drums and some MidEastern sounding thingy, so it must be authentic. Oh, and there are four sons, but one is going to die, I guess, since I am going to bed, I won't know.The 4th son is going to the Big City, so I guess the 'gay card' may soon be played.
Oh, and it's on TV, so there are commercials too.
Fantastico. But I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:55:23 PM by LenInSebastopol »

Offline wainscottbl

• Aspie weirdo of the forum
  • Archon
« Reply #2080 on: March 23, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »
Noah's Ark, one of the finest, biblical movies, ever! Maybe?

Maybe. I need to see it. I am willing to give it some leeway since we need not think that the Bible tells us every detail. So the Emma Watson character--whomever she is supposed to be, for example. And other little things I have heard about. As long as it does not get to heretical. I'll give them a little heresy since this is the WASPish world, but not too much. I should just see it. How about that show "The Dovekeepers" coming out. It has Ziva from NCIS on it. It's going to be hard not thinking of Cote de Pablo as sexy. I mean, she plays some saint or something I think.  :-X
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life." --Gebre Menfes Kidus

I once said to my father, when I was a boy, 'Dad we need a third political party.' He said to me, 'I'll settle for a second.' --Ralph Nader, America's Cato

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2081 on: March 23, 2015, 08:48:32 PM »
I have been quite happy with The Walking Dead so far this season. Random thoughts...  **spoilers warning**  Really I've been much happier with the show since the beginning of Season 4 (I wonder what the major shifts were... I know Gimple became showrunner, but I haven't looked at who was writing and directing since then and compared who was doing it before that). Though the last 7 episodes have been probably their longest run of decent (or better) episodes. A few episodes ago they did a thing where some walker blood splattered the camera, which I liked, but the last two weeks they've done it again and also did it with less restraint, which kind of sours it a bit for me. I guess they've added enough artsy nuances, they figured they need to keep the core fan base happy. I wonder if we'll get Morgan next week, or if they'll just tease him again and make us wait (at least) another 6 months. And... so much for the Ricktatorship starting back up; long live the Michonnocracy! For a few days anyway. Also, what's up with Rick getting a run for his money by Pete? I know Pete is like 4-6 inches taller, but he's a lanky, (comparatively) pampered, half-drunk, (former) white collar guy.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:48:46 PM by Justin Kissel »

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #2082 on: March 23, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
Women's NCAA basketball and softball.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am