OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 01:58:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Saget Seems Pretty Vulgar In Real Life  (Read 363 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: August 26, 2014, 11:33:54 PM »

‘Full House’ Revival May Be in the Works

“Have mercy!” Is “Full House” really coming back to TV? According to sources, a revival of the ’90s ratings darling is in the early stages of development.

While nothing is set in stone, there’s been talks at Warner Bros. Television about bringing back the sitcom, and some of its original cast, for a revival nearly 20 years after the long-running ABC show had its finale. Cast member John Stamos is reportedly at the head of the idea, along with original series creator Jeff Franklin and executive producer Bob Boyett...
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:08:42 AM »

Yeah, I once saw him in an interview. He's not at all like his character was. I didn't care for the "real" him, at all.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
MalpanaGiwargis

Faith: Catholic, but Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »

Yeah, Bob Saget can be pretty filthy. Not really Andrew "Dice" Clay filthy, but not for delicate ears. I don't know that he's really that much worse than a lot of stand-ups, but the juxtaposition with "Full House" makes it stand out a bit.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 12:09:25 PM »

I watched his "stand-up" once. It was basically 90 minutes of, "Im not my character on Full House! See? Watch me cuss alot and tell disgusting jokes! Arent I funny?"

Hes a scum bag.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »

Bob Saget was the narrator's voice on How I Met Your Mother.

He was also the host of the game show 1 vs. 100 on NBC.

Stand-up comics need to earn a living if they're not as infamous as Clay or Louis CK or if they're not hosting a talk show.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 02:39:06 PM »

Stand-up comics need to earn a living if they're not as infamous as Clay or Louis CK or if they're not hosting a talk show.

I suppose that America's Funniest Home Videos couldn't last forever.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 02:45:48 PM »

That show somehow survives even with YouTube administering its death blow....
MalpanaGiwargis

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »

Actually, Bob Saget is pretty wealthy - he's not exactly a road comic doing one-nighters for a hundred bucks.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »

Actually, Bob Saget is pretty wealthy - he's not exactly a road comic doing one-nighters for a hundred bucks.

I can imagine. Even if he'd done nothing but Full House, the royalties would go a long way. More's the pity. The need to hold down a day job can cull the comedy chaff pretty effectively.

(I loathe 99% of the stand-up comedy out there; comedians that can be hilarious in sketch comedy seem to turn universally dismal in stand-up. Feel free to disregard the opinion.)

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
MalpanaGiwargis

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 02:58:40 PM »

I can imagine. Even if he'd done nothing but Full House, the royalties would go a long way. More's the pity. The need to hold down a day job can cull the comedy chaff pretty effectively.

(I loathe 99% of the stand-up comedy out there; comedians that can be hilarious in sketch comedy seem to turn universally dismal in stand-up. Feel free to disregard the opinion.)

I'm kind of the opposite - I like stand-up but don't really like sketch. They are different skill sets, certainly, and they don't always overlap.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »

Dice Clay' s act wore thin...being a smart alec gerbil in a weird Sprint ad isn't exactly working a one man Broadway gig.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »

Dice Clay' s act wore thin...being a smart alec gerbil in a weird Sprint ad isn't exactly working a one man Broadway gig.

How the mighty have fallen....
MalpanaGiwargis

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 07:38:27 PM »

His only move was to be a pig. For a while it works, but you've got to have other moves - anyone can go blue. He is atrocious nowadays. Someone like Louie CK can be pretty gross or offensive, too, but he's actually a pretty insightful guy, and so I expect he'll continue to be relevant for a while. He's also ludicrously prolific, cranking out a new hour every year at least, another problem with Dice.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »

Interesting. I can remember -- well, barely -- being a fan of Full House (and AFV for that matter). But to be fair, this was back when I was also a fan of Peter Kreeft.

But anyhow, it made a big diffence when Tom Bergeron replace Saget on AFV.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: