OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 10:26:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favorite Interstate Highway?  (Read 3466 times) Average Rating: 0
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« on: November 19, 2008, 03:11:04 AM »

My personal favorite Interstate Highway is I-81 between I-66 in VA to the Tennessee State Line.  Car & Driver named I-81 one of the top 10 Scenic Interstates back in the 1990's.  A close 2nd would be I-70 between Denver and Vail Colorado.

For foreign posters, any highway you think is scenic is OK.   Wink
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:18:09 AM »

When visiting my grandma when she still lived in Rhode Island, I remember I-93 being rather scenic while on a trip to New Hampshire.  In CA?  Hmmm.....nowhere really.  I-80 through the Sierra's isn't bad.  I-5 north of Redding is ok too.  Elsewhere?  Nope.
Justinian

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 03:50:14 AM »

Highway 101. Most scenic trip I ever took.

"All this indignation have I hurled, At the pretending part of the proud world. Who, swollen with selfish vanity devise: false freedoms, holy cheats, and formal lies, Over their fellow slaves to tyrannize." - John Wilmot
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:26:35 AM »

If you're talking about the U.S. Highway 101 that runs along the entire U.S. West Coast, I'm not sure that counts for the sake of this thread, since it's not part of the Interstate Highway System. Wink  Very scenic highway, nonetheless.  The Interstate System parallel to U.S. 101, FWIW, is I-5 from San Diego through Seattle to the Canadian border.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:26:53 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 04:36:56 AM »

As PtA said - NOT an Interstate.  Plus, I don't think it is really that scenic either.  There are few nice places, but nothing that special south of the Santa Rosa where I live (well, I guess a few places directly on the coast but that's it.)
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:33:04 AM »

I too like the I-81 drive, although I've only been on the stretch between I-76 and I-84 (Between Harrisburg & Scranton).  I-80 is pretty beautiful in OH & PA when the leaves are still on the trees - the areas near the Cuyahoga River valley in the Cleveland area can be quite stunning.  I don't like I-95, but I-93 can be great, too, both in NH and ME.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »

Bits of I-44 used to be really pretty until they straightened the curves and flattened the hills.  There are still some pieces of it that follow historic route 66, though, and those are really nice.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 12:23:12 PM »

Another I-81 fan here as well.  I've been on I-81 from it's junction in I-78 in PA all the way down to Roanoke, VA.  I also like I-64 for scenic WV/VA.  The most scenic road I took however was a highway route, not an interstate.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:24:39 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 02:26:12 PM »

I-81 is beautiful. I used to live in Roanoke, and would travel up and down the Shenandoah, viewing the rolling green hills from my car. Where possible and time permitted I would travel on the Blue Ridge Parkway, taking in the scenery and investigating the history of the area.

But still, my favorite Interstate is on the 'north shore' area of Louisiana, on the stretch of I-55 north of its termination at I-10 and south of Manchac. You drive on an elevated highway with Lake Pontchartrain on one side and Lake Maurepas on the other. The Maurepas side also has the typical bayou scenes with cypress trees, Spanish moss, stilted homes and shallow water. At sunrise the sun glistens off Lake Pontchartrain; at sunset the sun gives a fiery glow to Lake Maurepas.

It always brings back the memories of me and my friends being in each other's pirogues while fishing or crabbing there in the bayou. Of days where time really wasn't a factor and you were there catching your dinner and spending time with friends.

I was on that stretch of highway not too long ago. Katrina left many scars, not all of which will heal.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »

I-81 going to Roanoke is nice...sometimes I also exit and take 460 especially in the autumn.

Proverbs 22:7
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »

I-81 is beautiful. I used to live in Roanoke, and would travel up and down the Shenandoah, viewing the rolling green hills from my car.

I've always wanted to drive the Shenandoah.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »

I-29 from Omaha down to KC. It's not very scenic, but there's hardly any traffic and it's a very smooth ride (thanks to all the construction finishing up)!

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »

I -10.

Speed traps and crashes galore!

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »

I've been on I-80 through Nebraska and Wyoming.

I-80 through the eastern 2/3 of Nebraska?  BOR-ING! Tongue  Nothing but corn fields and soybean fields as far as the eye can see.

As you drive west through the Nebraska panhandle into Wyoming, though, the scenery of the Rockies becomes quite a sight to see.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:32:32 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »

My favourite major highway is Autoroute 20 in Quebec.....If you spend time at some little villages on the lower St. Lawrence River, you can see lots of indications of the earliest European presence in North America....if you drive quickly down the 20 you can access the Gaspe region via the 132, see the magnificent beginning of the  Appalachains (at Parc de la Gaspesie)  or just go all the way to Forillon National Park on the Gulf of the St.  Lawrence.   Fantastic cliffs, seals and whales abound...not to mention the charm of the local francophone population.  Smiley  A great summer excursion, and only a 10 hour drive from Montreal.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:14:20 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 10:21:06 PM »

I-68 going out through western Maryland is really lovely, not to mention the Sideling Hill cut:

It's even more spectacular in the winter, when there are great cascades of ice issuing from the sides of the cut.
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 10:50:07 PM »

I've bin on I-81 north of Scranton heading towards Honesdale PA where I-81 merges with Route 6. What a hill. I wish I could skate board down.  laugh

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 10:50:51 PM »

I-90 is pretty thru Idaho and Montana
I-82 is pretty beautiful also
I-84 is pretty if you like high desert

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »

Highway 101 isn't an interstate but in runs WA thru CA.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 11:11:18 PM »

I-68 going out through western Maryland is really lovely, not to mention the Sideling Hill cut:....

I find that 13 mile downhill grade on EB I-68 from the Allegheny Mountains to be an adventure along with the sharp curves, no merge lanes and 40 MPH speed limit through Cumberland, MD.  I always pray that there's no runaway truck with smoking brakes behind me.   angel
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »

I really like I-540 between Fayetteville and Fort Smith, Arkansas. The traveler can see the beauty of the land in a way that most Interstates miss. My favourite highways, though, are not Interstates. US-63 between Jefferson City and Rolla is beautiful; it winds through the old German towns and along French vineyards planted in the days of Napoleon.

But the most beautiful highway scenery I've ever experienced is along MO/AR Hwy 59 between Neosho, MO and Siloam Springs, AR. I had family in the Siloam area when I was growing up, and we traveled that way at least a couple of times a year. I remember very clearly one stretch of road that went underneath an overhanging limestone formation that gave way to a small steel-truss bridge at a right angle with the road. One had to slow down to about 15 mph to make the turn and the subsequent right angle after the bridge to continue south. The slow speed allowed the traveler to take in the awesome spectacle. That highway very early on instilled in me the beauty of the Ozarks.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:13:54 AM by ytterbiumanalyst » Logged

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »

I can't remember what state highway (or federal maybe) it was we used to go through Minnesota, but going south through Minnesota, you'll know why they call it the land of 10,000 lakes. 

US 63 from Jeff City to Rolla is pretty, but not so good for the easily car sick.  It's all hills and curves, usually at the same time.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 12:49:24 PM »

I can't remember what state highway (or federal maybe) it was we used to go through Minnesota, but going south through Minnesota, you'll know why they call it the land of 10,000 lakes. 
It was MN-61 from the Canadian border to Duluth, then I-35 to Kansas City.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »

That's it, thanks.  Pretty country up north.

Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 02:50:14 PM »

I-77 through W. Virginia is lovely.

So is I-65 through Kentucky.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »

The NAFTA Superhighway.  New World Order!  Paranoia!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 06:12:20 PM »

Man, I dream of a superhighway with speed limit 100

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 06:42:11 PM »

My personal favorite Interstate Highway is I-81 between I-66 in VA to the Tennessee State Line.  Car & Driver named I-81 one of the top 10 Scenic Interstates back in the 1990's.  A close 2nd would be I-70 between Denver and Vail Colorado.

For foreign posters, any highway you think is scenic is OK.   Wink

I would say I-70 from Glenwood Springs to Denver is the nicest stretch of highway (the scenery from Glenwood Springs to Vail is arguably even more spectacular than from Vail to Denver...and the Engineering most certainly is). The stretch of I-81 you mention is probably a close second, but only during the right time of the year, it's not all that great in the winter, especially north of Lexington...I-70 through the Rockies is beautiful year round, though I don't much enjoy driving it in the winter, especially during storms (though it's better than I-80 through Wyoming during a blizzard...winds arn't as bad).

However, as a whole, I'd have to say that I-81 is my favourite interstate from start to finish, followed closely by I-25 (but, then again, I like the desert, I even enjoy I-80 through Nevada and Wyoming, so everyone might not agree). My favourite transcontinental highway is I-40...least favourite is I-80, it has no redeeming qualities after you leave Cheyenne.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 03:22:15 AM »

When visiting my grandma when she still lived in Rhode Island, I remember I-93 being rather scenic while on a trip to New Hampshire.

Elisha,

Must have been a while back - or you were pretty far north into NH, the lower end of I-93 is pretty sparse these days when it comes to being scenic.  I-95 in parts of Maine can be nice - when one gets beyond Portland.

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 03:27:07 AM »

When visiting my grandma when she still lived in Rhode Island, I remember I-93 being rather scenic while on a trip to New Hampshire.

Elisha,

Must have been a while back - or you were pretty far north into NH, the lower end of I-93 is pretty sparse these days when it comes to being scenic.  I-95 in parts of Maine can be nice - when one gets beyond Portland.

Many years,

Neil

Yeah, like 20 years ago.   Smiley  I think it was north of Lake Winnepesaukee where it seemed to be pretty scenic.
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 03:29:30 AM »

It does get better up there, although the effort to make all medians bland stretches of mowed grass that rival your lawn continues unabated.

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 03:59:57 AM »

It does get better up there, although the effort to make all medians bland stretches of mowed grass that rival your lawn continues unabated.

What, were there miles of flowers in the median prior?  Out in the west a "stretch of mowed grass" would look rather scenic!
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 07:32:14 AM »

We've already got them! All you have to do is look at your kph speedometer, and presto! You're driving 100.

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »

no no, no more politics in the other forum --username! section moderator

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »

My favourite major highway is Autoroute 20 in Quebec.....If you spend time at some little villages on the lower St. Lawrence River, you can see lots of indications of the earliest European presence in North America....if you drive quickly down the 20 you can access the Gaspe region via the 132, see the magnificent beginning of the  Appalachains (at Parc de la Gaspesie)  or just go all the way to Forillon National Park on the Gulf of the St.  Lawrence.   Fantastic cliffs, seals and whales abound...not to mention the charm of the local francophone population.  Smiley  A great summer excursion, and only a 10 hour drive from Montreal.

I have to agree: we went in June and were just charmed by petites villes Quebec.  I found a number of small gas stations that you rarely find now in the US, and road side shrines and momunents to forebares.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »

We've already got them! All you have to do is look at your kph speedometer, and presto! You're driving 100.

lol

Touche

Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 06:23:16 PM »

I have to agree: we went in June and were just charmed by petites villes Quebec.  I found a number of small gas stations that you rarely find now in the US, and road side shrines and momunents to forebares.

Smiley

Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 01:02:42 PM »

I-81 is beautiful. I used to live in Roanoke, and would travel up and down the Shenandoah, viewing the rolling green hills from my car. Where possible and time permitted I would travel on the Blue Ridge Parkway, taking in the scenery and investigating the history of the area.

I remember driving one late autumn on the northern part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, near Waynesboro, VA.  The leaves had already fallen off of all the trees, so there was no one on the road at all!  The view of the valley below was sometimes spectacular.  We stopped to do some hiking.  It was kind of eerie to see the remains of some homesteads abandoned during the civil war that may have been founded in the late seventeenth or early eighteenth century, IIRC.  It was a really worthwhile side-trip in a beautiful region.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:09:41 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 01:19:56 PM »

I remember driving one late autumn on the northern part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, near Waynesboro, VA.  The leaves had already fallen off of all the trees, so there was no one on the road at all!  The view of the valley below was sometimes spectacular.  We stopped to do some hiking.  It was kind of eerie to see the remains of some homesteads abandoned during the civil war that may have been founded in the late seventeenth or early eighteenth century, IIRC.  It was a really worthwhile side-trip in a beautiful region.

I once took this local road between Lewisburg, WV and Roanoke, VA.  There is a stop on the middle on top of a mountain road.  It was a beautiful view, and no cell phone service too!

CopticDeacon
Αναγνώστης(Reader) in the God-loving Diocese of New York and New England
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

St Pachom, Antoni, and Stephen Pray for us!

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »

I-87. I drove on that for an hour and a half the first day I got my license.   Grin

"I see the heavens opened up, and the Son of Man seated at the right hand of God"
-St. Stephen the Archdeacon and Protomartyr
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »

Bits of I-44 used to be really pretty until they straightened the curves and flattened the hills.
This reminds me of the Waylon Jennings song, "Good Ol' Boys". Grin
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »

I don't know what my favorite is, but my least favorite is I-16. About 160 miles of almost nothing but South GA farmland with Macon and Savannah bookending it (although Savannah is beautiful). I know there's worse, but I didn't used to travel the ones in places like Kansas and Nebraska regularly (112 miles of I-16 were part of my journey to and from Georgia Southern University when I was going home for the weekend, Christmas, or summer).

It got so bad that I dozed off at the wheel for a moment and found myself, after some frantic attempts to stop, in the trees on the other side of the road, having crossed the grassy median and the other side of the highway.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:31:04 PM by ironchapman » Logged

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

There are no admirable interestate highways in Pennsylvania. I guess I'll say 376 since it lets me get to a place with sports teams and museums and doctors and zoos.

U.S. Route 30 is better though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:43:27 PM by Justin Kissel » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »

This is a neat question. I have to pick I-95. For all its really horrible traffic, especially where it winds through the Northeast, there are spots where it's nice and you can see some neat things. I-95 made me like Baltimore.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »

As a rule, I despise interstates except for their relative speed and convenience.  If I had to pick one, it'd probably be I-81.  I try to avoid them wherever possible.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: