OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 10:18:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On the WEB: An Introduction to Orthodox Theology  (Read 1302 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: September 02, 2003, 01:14:18 PM »

September 2, 2003

Department of Religious Education
50 Goddard Avenue
Brookline, MA  022445-7415
(617) 850-1218

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION ANNOUNCES

FALL 2003 INTERNET SCHOOL OF ORTHODOX STUDIES SCHEDULE

Brookline, MA -- The Department of Religious Education of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America announces the Fall 2003 schedule of religious education classes for adults, families and parish educators over the Internet.  The theme of the ISOS Winter Semester Classes is: An Introduction to Orthodox Theology.  The series of 60 minute classes is intended to provide participants the opportunity to examine the basic theological elements of the Orthodox Church.

The Fall Semester classes, which are scheduled to take place on each Tuesday evening (September - December, 2003, 7:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.) on the campus of Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology will be taught by the Rev. Dr. Frank Marangos, Director of the Department of Religious
Education for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese and adjunct assistant professor of Religious Education and Homiletics for Holy Cross School of Theology and Dr. George Bithos, the Registrar of Hellenic College/Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology.

In addition to those who can physically attend, the classes can be heard by anyone with a computer and Internet access.  The classes are being made available by the Archdiocese Department of Internet Ministries with broadcasts in real-time through the Archdiocese web server.  This year's resentations will also be provided in Streaming Video so that Web participants will be able to see the actual class presentations as they are being delivered.  The ISOS web site address is:

http://www.isos.goarch.org

The presentations will also be archived so that students can listen to the classes when their schedule permits.  A schedule and class syllabus is listed below and will be posted on the ISOS Internet Web Site.

The classes are offered free of charge to all Orthodox faithful in the Metropolis of Boston.  The first class will convene on Tuesday, September 30 at 7:30 P.M. Participants are asked to please bring a notebook and to purchase the primary text for the course.  Certificates of educational recognition will be provided to students who participate in the classes and teachers who are engaged in the Teacher Certification Program of the Department of Religious Education.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2003, 03:54:57 PM by TomS » Logged
Skipper

Kyrie Eleison

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 03:28:29 PM »

The webaddress does not work yet...

Lord, enlighten me; help me to know Thy will.  Bring light to my darkened heart and mind.
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 03:45:43 PM »

Yes it does -- for some reason it was adding a period to the end of the web address.

I fixed it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2003, 04:45:19 PM by TomS » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: