OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 08:02:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Spyware and Prayers for Intercession  (Read 616 times) Average Rating: 0
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« on: August 31, 2003, 01:42:45 PM »

In the past week, I've reinstalled my operating system and applications on a new hard drive(WinXPPro if anyone is wondering...I'm going to probably put either SuSe or FreeBSD on my now free 60gb drive), and am now going through the process of making my computer relatively secure(firewall, virus protection, etc).  

I downloaded Spybot, a really good spyware remover, and when installing it just now I actually read part of the user agreement that striked me as very interesting.  Here it is:

I. Freeware
First of all, the reasons why Spybot-S&D is free:

I.a. Dedication
Spybot-S&D is dedicated to the most wonderful girl on earth Smiley

I.b. Binary
What do you get if you buy software? Lots of ones and zeros, nothing more. If they were distributed as art, I could understand paying it. But if the main goal of their order is to earn money - by fees or ads - I don't like it!

I.c. Conclusion
This means that I grant you the license to use Spybot-S&D as much as you like. But if you like it, I ask two things of you: say a prayer for me (and the most wonderful girl while you're at it Wink ) to your god - or whatever you believe - and wish us some luck.

Sure it's strictly pluralistic way of asking for prayer, but it's nice to see someone publically ask for prayer in a work of their creation.  I think it would be great if in the forward to a novel, the author would ask for the prayers of the reader.  

Just something that made me smile.   Grin

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: