OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 11:48:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kush deshiron ta diskutoje fene e krishtere ne gjuhen shqipe?  (Read 3085 times) Average Rating: 0
David Young
OC.net guru

Faith: Baptist
Jurisdiction: local church, Wrexham, Wales

2012, Presbyterian chapel, Nantyr

« on: October 27, 2008, 11:37:12 AM »

A ka ndonje lexues i cili deshiron ta diskotoje fene e krishtere duke perfshire dallimet ne mes kishes orthodhokse dhe kishave ungjillore?
Please be very upfront about your intentions in the future.  The foreign language forums are not the area for discussion about Protestant tracts/literature.  That is why we have the Orthodox-Protestant forum.  Since we restrict such material to the Orthodox-Protestant forum it would be proper if writing in Albanian to also provide a translation in English. Therefore please provide the English translation if you are writing in a non-English language.   In the future please refrain from starting such discussions in the Foreign Language forums.  -username! Section moderator
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:38:08 PM by username! » Logged

"But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another." Galatians 5.15
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:32:13 PM »

is it esperanto?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »

I think he's asking if there are Albanian speakers here.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »

I think he's asking if there are Albanian speakers here.

From what little I was able to deduce via an Albanian-English dictionary, he wants to discuss Christ by way of an Evangelical tract written in Albanian.  This was originally posted in the foreign languages forum, but based on the OP's desire to discuss a document written by non-Orthodox, the thread was moved here so the discussion could be properly moderated. 

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
David Young
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:08:33 AM »

My apologies. I have enjoyed the Orthodox-Protestant discussion in English, and as there seems to be no Albanian discussion on the forum at present, I thought it might be of benefit or interest to begin one.

Me vjen keq. U kenaqa me diskutimin rreth dallimeve ne mes feve orthodhokse dhe ungjillore ne gjuhen anglishte, dhe (duke marre parasysh se nuk ka asnje bisede shqipe ne kete websajt) mendova se mund te kishte qene e leverdishme ose interesante ta fillojme.

I think people have misunderstood my intentions. Please read my English posts, and I believe you will see that this is so, and that there is nothing sinister in them.

Mendoj se disa lexues e kane keqkuptuar qellimin tim. Ju lutem, lexoni ate qe kam derguar anglisht, dhe besoj se do te shihni se kjo eshte e vertete, dhe se nuk ka asgje kercenuese ne ate.

Please close the thread directly. I wish to give no offence. I did not know that English translations were required.

Ju lutem, mbylleni biseden menjehere. Nuk deshiroj fare te shkaktoj asnje cenim. Nuk dija se kerkohen perkthime anglishte.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:25:40 AM by David Young » Logged

"But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another." Galatians 5.15
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »

I thought it might be of benefit or interest to begin one.

I'm glad someone is promoting Albanian posts here!

Please close the thread directly. I wish to give no offence. I did not know that English translations were required.

The English translations are only required because it was a Theological discussion that was being promoted.  If it had been a simple social conversation in Albanian, things would be different.  We can leave the thread open here to, as you have said, promote Albanian discussion on the forum.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:01:03 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
David Young
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »

Trishtohem per marredheniet e keqia ne mes Orthodhokseve (700,000 njerez?) dhe Ungjilloreve (8000 njerez?) ne Shqiperi, dhe deshiroj te permiresoj kuptim dhe respekt te dyanshem dhe njefare ndarjeje ne ato gjera qe i kemi te perbashketa. Gjithashtu, dua qe myslimanet shqiptare ne Kosove ta kuptojne me mire Orthodhoksizmin se ka gozha hidherim ne ate vend te vogel. Per keto arsye nje bisede teologjike duket nje vend i mire per te filluar.

I grieve over the bad relations between Orthodox (700,000 souls?) and Evangelicals (8000 souls?) in Albania and would like to promote mutual understanding and respect and a sharing of those things we have in common. Also, I would like Albanian Moslems in Kosova to have a clearer understanding of Orthodoxy, for there is much bitterness in that little land. For these a theological thread seems a good place to start.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »

For these a theological thread seems a good place to start.

Agreed.

---------------------
David Young
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:44:53 AM »

Javen tjeter shpresoj te jem ne librarine e kishes orthodhokse ne Tirane. Do t’i njoftoj per kete websajt (mbase tashme e njohin), dhe ndoshta diskutimi do te filloje. Theksoj se qellimi im nuk eshte fare t’i bind orthodhokset ta leshojne kishen e tyre, as ungjilloret kishat e tyre, por qe ta kuptojme dhe respektojme njerin tjeter me mire, dhe ta njohim Zotin Krisht.

I hope to be in the Orthodox bookshop in Tirana next week. I shall make them aware of this website (maybe they already know about it), and perhaps the discussion will begin. I emphasise that my goal is not to persuade Orthodox to leave their church, nor Evangelicals to leave theirs, but better understanding and respect towards each other, and to know the Lord Christ.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: