Author Topic: Book Criticizes ‘Anti-American Religious Revolutionaries’  (Read 965 times)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Book Criticizes ‘Anti-American Religious Revolutionaries’
« on: October 26, 2008, 04:32:45 AM »
Book criticizes ‘anti-American religious revolutionaries’

As a crusading evangelist and author, Francis Schaeffer urged conservative Christians to politically battle abortion and engage the secular culture. But he would have recoiled from the “snide” comments and jeering at this summer’s Republican National Convention, his son Frank says.

“My father would have been embarrassed to be in that room — absolutely horrified,” said Schaeffer, who once rallied conservative Christians in public arenas alongside his father. “All of a sudden, this movement that he helped unleash is yelling, ‘Drill, baby, drill!’”...

Offline BrotherAidan

• OC.net guru
  • OC.net
Re: Book Criticizes ‘Anti-American Religious Revolutionaries’
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »
Book criticizes ‘anti-American religious revolutionaries’

As a crusading evangelist and author, Francis Schaeffer urged conservative Christians to politically battle abortion and engage the secular culture. But he would have recoiled from the “snide” comments and jeering at this summer’s Republican National Convention, his son Frank says.

“My father would have been embarrassed to be in that room — absolutely horrified,” said Schaeffer, who once rallied conservative Christians in public arenas alongside his father. “All of a sudden, this movement that he helped unleash is yelling, ‘Drill, baby, drill!’”...

Dr. Schaeffer is one of the great popularizers of theology for a whole generation of evangelical Christians emerging from the dark ages of fundamentalism. He opened a whole new world of engaging critically with culture, art, philosophy and politics, all from a traditional and biblically faithful perspective.  If he was Orthodox he would be canonized.

Frankie has done us all a dis-service in revealing too much of his personal life and issues regarding his dad and mom.

It is strange that he writes tell-all fiction and personal accounts about his dad (and mom), then says something like this (although I happen to agree with him here). I know that Os Guiness was deeply distressed by Frankie's recent book about his parents. Guiness knew his parents intimately.

We all have issues with our folks. Lord help Frankie with his.