OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 26, 2014, 11:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For those who post a lot...  (Read 4749 times) Average Rating: 0
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« on: October 20, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »

Split off from the "For Those Who Don't Post Much (or Who Don't Post At All)"
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,17925.0.html

- Cleveland, GM

If you don't mind me answering the opposite question, to maybe give some light to this whole thing.  I DO post because of the community and relationships I have built here at OC.Net.  People are very fair (for the most part) and everyone is trying really hard to come up with answers that are not only true but also practical.  Then you also have the pranksters (as I call them) which keep things interesting.  All in all, the discussions we have had are major ones and we are able to pool everyone's resources, which is amazing. 

Sorry to take you the opposite direction!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:48:22 PM by cleveland » Logged

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »

LOL!  I love the split off.  I wonder how many of "those who post a lot" will post on this thread...lol.  so much irony! 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 05:58:50 PM »

I post a lot !!!

Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »

I think I am one of those who post a lot. The reason(s)... well, I am sometimes doing a long, boring, repetitive task at work, for example grading a midterm exam or quiz. I need some distraction or I'll go insane.  Shocked And here is this computer, always in front of me, and the OC.net forum is conveniently bookmarked...  Grin

Love never fails.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 06:01:16 PM »

I think I am one of those who post a lot. The reason(s)... well, I am sometimes doing a long, boring, repetitive task at work, for example grading a midterm exam or quiz. I need some distraction or I'll go insane.  Shocked And here is this computer, always in front of me, and the OC.net forum is conveniently bookmarked...  Grin

LOL!  I love it.  I think you have found this a great way to get in touch with your faith and get all the answers you are looking for, right george?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »

I post a lot !!!

nobody likes you...lol.  (i really am kidding). 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

I've been posting on average 3.897 posts per day.  Wow!  Do I have nothing better to do with my time? Cheesy

Seriously though, I'd have to echo what Serb1389 said.  I have learned quite a bit since I joined.  I'm actually glad OC.net allows non-Orthodox persons here too.  GiC, not so much, but everyone else. Cheesy  Just kidding.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »

Just another clarification, I just really like how in most conversations everyone is earnestly trying to get to the truth, and everyone is willing hear the other person out, think through the problem, come up with proof, and work through things.  we don't always arrive at a solution, but the process is truly amazing and inspiring (imo)

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »

Just another clarification, I just really like how in most conversations everyone is earnestly trying to get to the truth, and everyone is willing hear the other person out, think through the problem, come up with proof, and work through things.  we don't always arrive at a solution, but the process is truly amazing and inspiring (imo)
What forum are you on?  Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »

I post a lot. I don't really have anything to contribute to this discussion; I just feel like I have to say something, anything, or I will disappoint myself for not having anything to contribute.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »

I post a lot.  Mostly just to get the cool titles.  And to annoy some people on here.  That's fun.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »

I post a lot because I'm a strong woman with a valuable viewpoint who can change the world and peoples' minds through the internet----nah, I've just always had a Tomboy attitude and a big mouth and a hungry mind. And you guys can't make what I say go away like you can in the AOL chatrooms when you push the "Ignore" button. Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:43:53 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:34 PM »

I DO post because of the community and relationships I have built here at OC.Net.

Same here. After being here (on and off) for 6 years, I feel like I've gotten to know many of the people. I also stick around because I'm interested in theology/history, and this is my favorite forum for discussing it (even though I haven't made an involved/lengthy post in probably more than a year, lol).
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 08:48:30 PM »

I post a lot because I'm a strong woman with a valuable viewpoint who can change the world and peoples' minds through the internet----nah, I've just always had a Tomboy attitude and a big mouth and a hungry mind. And you guys can't make what I say go away like you can in the AOL chatrooms when you push the "Ignore" button. Cheesy

Wanna bet?  There's a mute button, too. laugh

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 08:52:49 PM »

Wanna bet?  There's a mute button, too. laugh

Not anymore! I sold the copper wires of all the mute buttons for a profit... Wink

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »

Where is the mute button?

I post medium to a lot. It really depends upon what your definition of "is" is Wink
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »

I guess I post "a lot" too, or more accurately frequently.  I love interaction with people here, learning about things, offering my feedback, and the intelligent people I discuss things with.  I must admit, I first came here in the interest of the EO/OO debates, but there are much more things now that I like to get involved in discussing (plus, I'm sorta tired of the EO/OO discussion unless something new I've never read is being presented).

My favorite posts/interactions are with those who challenge my mind.

God bless.

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Moderated
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »

I post fairly frequently as well, though I don't know why.  Most of the time I come off looking like an idiot.  I guess the old proverb is true--"Tis better that the world think you a fool rather than open your mouth [or type] and remove all doubt."  Grin

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »

On the magic mod panel. laugh

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »

I learn a lot as well and I enjoy listening to diverse viewpoints.   Wink
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 12:45:46 AM »

I suppose my saying "I post a lot" would be a bit of an understatement.... I found the forum through FrChris (my neighbor at seminary for two years), and stayed because of the quality discussion (funny, huh?) and the community.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 12:53:14 AM »

I originally checked out this forum on a recommendation from a housemate who used to post here as czzham.  Why did I keep posting here about 6000 posts later?  I like the discussion.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 01:14:34 AM »

On the magic mod panel. laugh

No fair! We plebians could use that feature too! I can think of at least one person I would use that feature on.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:15:19 AM by Quinault » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:32 AM »

No fair! We plebians could use that feature too! I can think of at least one person I would use that feature on.

I think we explored an "ignore" feature once; but I think there are too many problems with that.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 12:14:35 AM »

I post a lot and I really enjoy here. I would add my signature to many conclusions posted above. This is an excellent place. A real sense of community. Style and attitudes here are really enjoyable.

Actually, I was just an unregeistered reader here for awhile. And then decided to join in.

GabrielTheCelt, you are making a very good point about presense of non-Orthodox posters. As a result, this policy creates a win-win situation.

The thing is that periodically my work load turns so busy that I do not have time to get here. Sometimes, it comes to rather long durations.

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »

Well, I used to post a lot...

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:53 AM »

Uh-huh.  You still grace us with your presence every once and awhile Smiley

---------------------
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 05:16:15 PM »

Uh-huh.  You still grace us with your presence every once and awhile Smiley

True, but not 20-30 posts a day as I used to do.
I once felt obligated to participate to fill an apparent void which thankfully was filled when some seminarians and our own, home grown clerics arrived in force.
(Also,  the 6000+ posts of mine is an illusionary number as probably over 1000 are in  the mod boards that even I cannot read now. Subtract those and a bunch of meaningless stuff in  the Politics board and I'm fairly reticent.  Wink )

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »

I average 11 a day and I think I've had a few days where I put up 30-50 posts; There have been some great discussions on the board.   Smiley
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

Split off from the "For Those Who Don't Post Much (or Who Don't Post At All)"
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,17925.0.html

- Cleveland, GM

Then you also have the pranksters (as I call them) which keep things interesting. 

Do I get to be a prankster AND a poster in serious discussions, too?  Grin That seems to be what has helped me post so much.  Between Random Posts and history and geeking and etc etc etc...

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 12:16:18 PM »

And I think I've posted a good bit even with breaks... and right now I'm waiting for a repairman.... well I could go play 'match-a-sock' I suppose...

Wink

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »

Plus you have the habit of posting twice in a row, which is a schisty way to up your post count  Grin
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »

Plus you have the habit of posting twice in a row, which is a schisty way to up your post count  Grin

Right-on, brotha.  (Wait, does that make me a hypocrite?)

---------------------
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »

Right-on, brotha.  (Wait, does that make me a hypocrite?)
Not really, because you post once in every topic on every board. Grin

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 03:02:51 PM »

*sigh* The road to 9,000 posts is paved with many, many threads.

---------------------
prodromas
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »

*sigh* The road to 9,000 posts is paved with many, many threads.

Do you think I Will get there some day?

God I ask that Cleveland the man who lead a postful life to intercede on my behalf to turn away my postlessness

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »

If you eat your greens and study for your exams you might. Wink

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
prodromas
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2008, 09:58:20 PM »

If you eat your greens and study for your exams you might. Wink
Thanks George Cheesy you are my OC.net baba

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 09:15:17 AM »

I don't think I do that all that often... and I'm resisting the temptation to do it now.  Grin

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »

I've never double posted since the program stops me every time I try to double post.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »

I've never double posted since the program stops me every time I try to double post.
Neither do I.

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »

Neither do I.

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »

Funny, Funny Grin  Grin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: